Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

anybody else prefers a list of programs under DVR? (instead of thumbnails)

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 ONLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,697 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

The many screen lists that are on the Hopper don't show any more items at once.

Huh ? H practically have no lists.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,414 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

He's probably talking about things like the Timers list or the Daily Schedule... He's right, those list-view areas don't display more events as it turns out than do the thumbnail mode of the Hopper and 922 receivers.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#63 ONLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,697 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

but our human nature does crying about missing lists :D

#64 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,414 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

but our human nature does crying about missing lists :D

Possibly.  I know at first with my 922 I missed the list... but that went away pretty fast once I realized that I was actually seeing more movies on the screen at a time!  The only drawback (and I gather the Hopper has this too) is whenever a thumbnail disappears (especially on EHD events) and then it just looks ugly.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#65 OFFLINE   patmurphey

patmurphey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

Huh ? H practically have no lists.

If you group by title, and click on an icon you will see a LIST of episodes. Huh???

#66 ONLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,697 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:27 AM

Duh !

#67 OFFLINE   nineball

nineball

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

We appreciate the feedback! I have forwarded the requests.

As a dish user for over a decade, this is also one of my most wanted changes, The code is already written for the 722 type display, so it shouldn't be too much to have an option to select between the 2 modes. Question is , did this request make it onto the the update list for an upcoming release, can you give a status as to whether this is even being considered. The other request I would have is to enable blue tooth keyboard, using the onscreen keyboard is just cumbersome and in this day and age should be able to control the hopper using your android phone, and / or a blue tooth keyboard.

#68 ONLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,697 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

you coud use USB stick (2.4 GHz) to utilize Adesso keyboard (see my thread about the keyboard); SW support of the type is already done for 922/813/913 models ( perhaps and other)

#69 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,436 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

IIRC, my 722k was able to only list 6 recordings at a time, whereas the icon has 2 rows of 5 which allows the listing of the 9 most recent recordings plus PTAT.

I think I prefer the icons, but a choice would be OK.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

spam firewall