Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

AMC HD poor quality last night.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   HolyRoses

HolyRoses

Mentor

• Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

Last night I was trying to watch AMC HD walking dead and it was very bad quality. So was the show after it "talking dead". Anyone else notice this? Other channels seemed fine. Seemed like it had a very low bit rate.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   John Strk

John Strk

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

It was horrible!!! Worst I've seen yet. Even The Talking Dead looked subpar but not as bad as the Walking Dead! What is going on with this channel? One of the most popular shows on TV and it always looks bad. FAIL!!! :mad:
DirecTV Customer Since 2007

#3 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,986 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

That's AMC... They've always been overcompressors.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#4 OFFLINE   HolyRoses

HolyRoses

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

OK. well thanks for validating it was crappy for you too. :(

#5 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,986 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

Watching a recording of Comic Book Men from last night...crappy compression. Usually, they actually do better during their shows & commercials look like crap...not last night.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#6 ONLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,687 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

AMC: Always More Compression

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#7 OFFLINE   John Strk

John Strk

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

I've actually seen this channel look worse on FIOS HD while visiting family in New England. Customers on FIOS have been complaining about it for a while.

If AMC is over compressing then why do some other AMC HD shows look better? The Killing, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, etc. all looked much better than the Walking Dead!! :confused:
DirecTV Customer Since 2007

#8 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,986 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

I've actually seen this channel look worse on FIOS HD while visiting family in New England. Customers on FIOS have been complaining about it for a while.

If AMC is over compressing then why do some other AMC HD shows look better? The Killing, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, etc. all looked much better than the Walking Dead!! :confused:

They'll actually fix it during shows then crap during commercials.

#9 OFFLINE   HolyRoses

HolyRoses

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

I think part of the problem with Walking Dead is due to it being filmed in 16mm film. It is already noisy to begin with. I think this noise is harder to encode. Last night though it looked very bad, even the screen graphics like the logo were full of corruption.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...