Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Best brand of TV for programming dish network 311 remote.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ben4715

ben4715

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Hi everyone. Opinion time!
I will be installing new flat screen tvs for a customer. He has 14 hunting cabins and he wants all cabins to have the same brand of tv to save on confusion with remotes. Tv sizes will vary from 32" to 50". Each cabin has a 311 dish network reciever. (I have told him that he should consider upgrading to HD, but he refuses.) The question is what brand of tv programs best with the 311 dish remote? Ive always had good luck with programming RCA's but have been advised to stay away from them. Any thoughts are appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

I don't think the remote should be the main consideration. If he does not what HD receivers, the type ty he should be looking at should be one that gives he a good looking sd picture, a lot of the new tv's do not handle sd as well as they should.

#3 OFFLINE   ben4715

ben4715

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

I agree. But his main concern is confusion with remotes. He wants every tv to work with dish remote and every tv to be same brand to save on confusion with inputs. Every cabin has its own dish, so he feels the cost of upgrading to HD is not feasable.
The whole point is that hunters come in and mess up the tv and my customer doesnt know how to fix it, so he wants to standardize everything. But he's adamant about flat screen tvs

Edited by ben4715, 06 November 2012 - 09:24 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,845 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

see that list, it's pretty long; many major manufacturers supporting
Sony as #1

#5 OFFLINE   thopki2

thopki2

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

For the past 6 years or so, I have had an older Sony and programming was easy. Now, I have switched to a new SD Panasonic with equal ease.

#6 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

As long as the Dish remote has the codes for the tv, they are all equally easy to program, just stay away from boutique and minor brands.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#7 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

I would never make my own decision based on this...but....almost without exception, every sony tv uses the exact same code (500). So, if that's all we are basing the decision on, I say go with Sony. Not that the other major manufacturers are much harder, but, but usually they have at least 2 or 3 codes they use.
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#8 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Oh, and avoid emerson, sansui, sylvania, dynex, and durabrand like the plague (there are others that are bad, but those in particular come to mind).
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#9 OFFLINE   alex000

alex000

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

Oh, and avoid emerson, sansui, sylvania, dynex, and durabrand like the plague (there are others that are bad, but those in particular come to mind).

Magnavox as well ;)

#10 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 720 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

To be sure, you could take the 311 remote and try to program it to control TVs in a store.
Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

Protected By... spam firewall...And...