Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Screen Clutter

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sabrewulf

sabrewulf

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this before but has anyone ever noticed all the channels and the screen clutter? I was watching Alaska the last frontier on Discovery and alot of the screen has the moonshiners bottle on the bottom and its huge not just some small icon or anything and now most shows show a hashtag isnt it kind of distracting? Not to mention the moving icons on the bottom everytime they are back from commercial. Discovery is one of the worst.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,338 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

It is getting pretty bad. Watching BBCA and have text constantly in both corners. At least it's not moving.

I've even seen some with sound....

#3 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 612 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

Consequences of DVR's. That damn moonshiners thing has been driving me crazy. Also nice when they cover up subtitles with some BS ad. Even better is the news channels covering important stuff up with their chyrons, especially when on remote.

#4 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

It is getting pretty bad. Watching BBCA and have text constantly in both corners. At least it's not moving.

Consequences of DVR's. That damn moonshiners thing has been driving me crazy. Also nice when they cover up subtitles with some BS ad. Even better is the news channels covering important stuff up with their chyrons, especially when on remote.

Definitely bad!:(:mad::(

The worst are the large animated ones with sound, but any one that covers an important aspect of on-screen information, like intentional suvtitles, or a piece of visual evidence, are inexcusable. :nono2:
Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#5 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,221 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

My kids scream and yell every time Cartoon Network has a premiere of some sort, Not only do they have to advertise it in the bottom right with some obnoxious layover but for some reason they need a count down ticker in the top right. I think I had it figured it that they were using almost a third of the screen..

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

Protected By... spam firewall...And...