Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Take my dish/LNB?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   chevyguy559

chevyguy559

Fresno State Bulldog!

• Registered
  • 713 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

I recently moved (back in August) and my old house is in escrow. I talked with the people that are buying it and they have no plans to hook up DirecTV so they don't need the dish/LNB. Is it worth anything? Is it worth going up on a ladder and taking it down and trying to get a few $$ on craigslist for it? I'm a fairly mechnical/able guy and could have the it down in a few minutes. I am already hooked up via Movers Connection at my new place....just was wondering :D Thanks!

DirecTV Subscriber Since 11/2008
Choice Ultimate - HD Extra - RZC
(2) HR22-100
(1) HR22-100 (Owned)
(1) HR21-100 (Owned)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,836 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

Leave it.
If you took it down it would leave holes in the roof that would leak and it would be your fault.
Let the new people take it down, then it is their problem.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   Jodean

Jodean

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

you can take it down, leave the foot, and the brace pads. Leaves no holes in roof.

The rest can be used for camping or anything really.
Dish -- 722k, 722, 612, 512, 510

Directv -- HR34, HR24, 2 H25's, 2 H24's

#4 OFFLINE   saymagootay365

saymagootay365

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

i 'm working on my directv dish .but i don't khow what is the freequency what transporder i need all information to load in to my firststriker satlelite meter

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,056 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

i 'm working on my directv dish .but i don't khow what is the freequency what transporder i need all information to load in to my firststriker satlelite meter

See gct's thread(s).

#6 OFFLINE   chevyguy559

chevyguy559

Fresno State Bulldog!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 713 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

you can take it down, leave the foot, and the brace pads. Leaves no holes in roof.

The rest can be used for camping or anything really.

Yeah, that's a great idea, I tailgate quite a bit and wouldn't mind having this for in the future doing a mobile unit thanks!

DirecTV Subscriber Since 11/2008
Choice Ultimate - HD Extra - RZC
(2) HR22-100
(1) HR22-100 (Owned)
(1) HR21-100 (Owned)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...