Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NBA Blackout - Timberwolves

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cyclone27

cyclone27

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

In all the years that I have had Directv (also when I had E*) I have always been able to watch the Minnesota Timberwolves games on Fox Sports North (ch 668). This year, I could watch the season opener on FS North. But since then, all their games have been blacked out. Two were blacked out on both FS North & NBA TV so I just figured it had something to do with NBA TV.

Last night it was blacked out again on ch 668. So I decided I'd better call D* and see what was going on. They told me that the games would no longer be available in Iowa. I'd never heard of such a thing like this before.

When I enter my zip code for blackout info, it still shows I should be able to watch the Timberwolves' games through premier/sports pack. My zip code is 50320.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

In all the years that I have had Directv (also when I had E*) I have always been able to watch the Minnesota Timberwolves games on Fox Sports North (ch 668). This year, I could watch the season opener on FS North. But since then, all their games have been blacked out. Two were blacked out on both FS North & NBA TV so I just figured it had something to do with NBA TV.

Last night it was blacked out again on ch 668. So I decided I'd better call D* and see what was going on. They told me that the games would no longer be available in Iowa. I'd never heard of such a thing like this before.

When I enter my zip code for blackout info, it still shows I should be able to watch the Timberwolves' games through premier/sports pack. My zip code is 50320.

It's going on in other locations also. You are in-market but DIRECTV isn't paying for everyone in fringe areas of the Timberwolves market to watch Timberwolves games therefore with or without Sports Pack or even League Pass you are hosed of all Timberwolves games.

DIRECTV should change their "Sports Leader" moniker into "Sports Leader unless...you are a Lakers fan, you are a Pac-12 fan, you are a boxing fan, etc."

#3 OFFLINE   BigJ52

BigJ52

Godfather

• Registered
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

Yeah noticed this as well. I'm a Bulls fan but turn the T-Wolves games on every once in awhile. Stinks that is the way it is now.

#4 OFFLINE   cyclone27

cyclone27

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

Thanks for your replies. I did later see a thread somewhere else relating to this.

I should have known better, but three different CS reps said I would get the games if I bought NBA League Pass. I went ahead & got it. I got a really good deal, but it looks like I will only get the ones shown on the local Minneapolis station (ch 29, I think) through league pass. At least I can see Lakers games now.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...