Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The $10 DVR fee only covers the Hopper and each Joey is billed $7, is this correct?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

You also should realize, any recordings on the EHD with the 211 will be lost once Dish takes this receiver off your account.

Can't he just keep the 211 as a tailgater until she has watched all her recorded programs and then cancel it from their account and return it to Dish?

This is probably what I would try to do anyway.

Brian...reporting from the left coast
 2 Hoppers,1 Joey, 1 VIP211K active receivers
 I still believe in magic
!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

I believe you have to file for RV usage to keep a 211 on contract with Hopper/Joey system.

#23 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Unless he owns the 211 I do not think he can keep it on a Tailgater account. It's my understanding a leased receiver can not be on that account. With the end of Distants from Dish for RV's I don't know if that policy will change, or if it was related to that.

And just to make it clear, if you have one VIP DVR receiver and it is independently feeding two TV's now, then a Hopper system will cost $11 more to feed two TV's independently, and you are getting HD at both TV's and any other new features such as PTAT etc...
That $11 is the $4 whole home fee and the $7 Joey fee. The $4 whole home fee has been rolled into the DVR fee. The DVR fee is $6 on a VIP system.

Edited by tampa8, 15 November 2012 - 02:16 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...