Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Problem with HR34 and C31

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#176 OFFLINE   Drinyth

Drinyth

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

I don't recall exactly what software update it was, but one of them finally fixed the grey screen issues that I was having on the C31 clients.  I haven't had to do a RBR on the HR34 since the release of that update.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#177 OFFLINE   clueless

clueless

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

I don't recall exactly what software update it was, but one of them finally fixed the grey screen issues that I was having on the C31 clients.  I haven't had to do a RBR on the HR34 since the release of that update.

Good for you.  Bad for me.  :)   Thanks for the quick reply.

#178 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,900 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

This thread kind of just died.  I'm running the latest software on a pair of C31's and an HR34.  I've had it for 10 days and I've had to reboot the HR34 5 times due to the gray screen problem on 2 different C31's connected to 2 different TV's (I also have a video freezing problem simultaneously on the HR34).  RBR fixes it for a while.  It's gone as long as 3 days without the issue and as short as 12 hours.

Just wondering if software updates fixed everyone's issues on this thread?

Please, what version? And date.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#179 OFFLINE   clueless

clueless

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:42 AM

Please, what version? And date.

0x6db dated 6/18 on hr34 and 0x717 on both c31's

haven't had the problem for 3 days. (Knock on wood).

#180 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,900 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:21 AM

OK, I'll knock the wood for ya, too!

#181 OFFLINE   Bill75080

Bill75080

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationRichardson, TX

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:16 PM

I just found this thread today. It has been almost 6 months since anyone replied to this thread - so what is everyone's status? I still have this problem (rebooting the HR34 every week to get the C31 client to be able to recognize the server). I have the HR34 directly connected with an Ethernet 5e cable and the C31 that my wife uses is connected to the TV with HDMI. Anyone find a solution or has everyone just given in and adjusted their lives to rebooting every so often?

#182 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

You should call for someone to come out and look at your system because no this is not normal and nobody has adjusted their lives to to rebooting everyday. You have a problem somewhere with your installation or the equipment.

#183 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,900 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:31 PM

First, it's once a week. Second, just calling doesn't necessarily get a new unit or a truck roll. It'd make more sense to troubleshoot first. 

First step is to make sure all coax connections are tight. 

#184 OFFLINE   dserban

dserban

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:16 PM

At this point mine is working fine.

#185 OFFLINE   Bill75080

Bill75080

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationRichardson, TX

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

Thanks LaxGuy - I will double check the coax connections for tightness. I was hoping to avoid calling and having to go through all the basic steps again with the level 1 tech support and having to wait a week after working with the level 1 rep only to have to call back again and hopefully get escalated to a level 2 person. Just hoping to find the solution that helped anyone else solve the problem and then peace and harmony can again be found in my household when American Idol or The Voice is interrupted! As the saying goes, when the wife is not happy...

#186 OFFLINE   Bill75080

Bill75080

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationRichardson, TX

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:09 PM

Dserban - the last post you made in this thread before yesterday (back in Dec 2012) was that the latest update did not work and that you were thinking of calling tech support. Is that what you did or was there something else? (OK trying to remember 12 months ago may be a challenge but a guy can always hope).

Protected By... spam firewall...And...