Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Red Zone for NFL Network

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   KSbugeater

KSbugeater

Godfather

• Registered
  • 309 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

I called retention regarding an unresolved non-return fee, and when the CSR asked me if there was anything else he could help with, I told him that it would be nice to have the Red Zone Channel, that I couldn't afford Sunday Ticket, but others have been able to get RZC. He didn't hesitate, and hooked me up right away.

Last night I tuned to the NFL Network to watch Thursday Night Football. I got the Not Subscribed (721) message. I have been receiving NFLN since the beginning of the season even though it's not in my package (Select, although on the Compare Packages page of directv.com it says it IS included in my "current package". I do also have the Sports Pack, but I don't think NFLN comes with that, either)

So basically I traded a 24-hour channel for one that's up for 7 hours on Sunday, neither of which is included in my package. Anybody think I have a shot at getting NFLN back without upgrading my package? Select really works for our family, especially when combined with the Sports Pack to get the RSNs for our area.

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,919 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

No, you shouldn't get a channel not in your package. It defeats the purpose of packages.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

You were lucky to see the games, but you really don't have a legitimate complaint. If you want to watch the games, upgrade.

#4 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

Couldn't hurt to ask I guess, but it just seems like a glitch on their end. I doubt you getting Red Zone had anything to do with NFLN getting shut off.

#5 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

I have a Spanish package that does not include NFL net. But because I have NFLST I have access to NFL network.

DIRECTV customer since SEPT 2000 (1) Genie (2) Genie Mini's (1) HR22-100 (1) HR23-700 all networked, total 10 live tunners!!-------------
SAYING NO TO CABLE .. PRICELESS
There’s good TV there’s better TV and than there’s DIRECTV (the undisputed sports & HD leader in TV)
NOTE: my comments are my own personal options and in no way shape or form represent my employer

spam firewall