Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NBA Broadband with Directv

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   redram38

redram38

Icon

• Registered
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMillington Tn

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

Anyone else having problems watching the broadband or mobile NBA. I am told I am activated yet when I try and log in to watch the games I am told I do not have access to the broadband and it asks me if I want to subscribe. I have submitted a ticket but have gotten no answers as of yet.
Directv with 4 HDDVR's 3 HR24's and one HR21
Dish with Hopper/sling, Hopper/sling adapter and 4 joeys

Directv for 17 years, Dish for 1 month. Loving the Hopper and Primetime anytime so far.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TJNash

TJNash

AllStar

• Registered
  • 141 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

Anyone else having problems watching the broadband or mobile NBA. I am told I am activated yet when I try and log in to watch the games I am told I do not have access to the broadband and it asks me if I want to subscribe. I have submitted a ticket but have gotten no answers as of yet.

Seems that NBA League Pass Broadband is the worst thing ever:

http://deadspin.com/nba-league-pass/

#3 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 510 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Working for me right now on my Xbox. I had to go to a league pass website to activate broadband though. Way too much work to get it to work IMHO.

#4 OFFLINE   chadlerh

chadlerh

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

Hi redram38 I am having the exact same problem. " I am told I am activated yet when I try and log in to watch the games I am told I do not have access to the broadband and it asks me if I want to subscribe." About to leave for a business trip and I have tried every way to contact support. I paid for league pass through direct tv and feel like I am getting ripped off. Please let me know if you figured anything out.

#5 ONLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,519 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

I had nba lp for 2010 season and I couldn't watch nba broadband at all, too much buffering and I have fast Internet and most of the time it freezes but in no way was I ever charged separately with subscription to LP maybe it has changed for 2012-13 season

#6 OFFLINE   kirit80

kirit80

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/ hover over the menu for league pass towards the right of page .....click on watch live games link and it should pop up the league pass broadband window and if you have not already will ask for email and password, this should do if you are already activated

#7 OFFLINE   jmagoo

jmagoo

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

I too could not log in to my broadband account, although the NBA.com site recognized that my account was active with DirecTv. NBA customer service is frustrating to deal with, but finally I got someone on their chat line and they suggested i create a new NBA access e-mail account different from the one i originally signed up with. i created one under my wife's name, linked it to DirecTv league pass, and now the broadband and mobile account work. Hope this helps.

#8 OFFLINE   spartacvs

spartacvs

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

I don't even bother to activate the NBA Broadband because it's just a PITA.

#9 OFFLINE   sniller

sniller

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

Do you guys get dual feeds with NBA Broadband?

#10 OFFLINE   ajc68

ajc68

Icon

• Registered
  • 667 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

Do you guys get dual feeds with NBA Broadband?

Nope. They only give you the home feed. MLB.tv is so much better than NBA Broadband at this point. Anyone know how it works for the NHL?

spam firewall