Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Skyfall

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,908 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Wondering what Bond fans thought of Skyfall. I thought it was one of the best in a long time, and very enjoyable. Loved the increased role of M.

Not really into the new Q however.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,736 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

I saw it yesterday, it was great, loved it.

#3 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,198 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

This was everything a Bond movie was and should be. WAY different at times.

And I was wondering what they meant when reviewers said the new villain was 'creepy'. I'm not going to give it away, but they were RIGHT....

I certainly felt like I got my money's worth.

#4 OFFLINE   pfp

pfp

Whatever

• Registered
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

Liked the movie but for the most part it didn't feel like a Bond film to me.
I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

#5 OFFLINE   Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

While not all rebooting is evil -- Battlestar Galactica was far more enjoyable and critically acclaimed than its progenitor -- I regret the trend of "rebooting" iconic characters, just to pump some additional millions of dollars into a franchise.
-- Ira

================================================
"There are no solutions to complex problems" -- Stan Littman, longtime social studies teacher at The Bronx High School of Science

#6 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,908 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

In some ways, the Bond series was an early adopter of the reboot.

#7 OFFLINE   Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

How do you mean? Yes, the screen writers took license with the novels -- all with Ian Fleming's approoval -- but the character remained the same, regardless of the actor who played him.
-- Ira

================================================
"There are no solutions to complex problems" -- Stan Littman, longtime social studies teacher at The Bronx High School of Science

Protected By... spam firewall...And...