Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How do I create a timer for a given sports team?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ATARI

ATARI

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

I hope there is a way, but I just haven't figured it out yet.

With DirecTV, I did a keyword search, and created a season pass based on that.

With Dish, when I search, I find the next program, but the timer is set to record 'College Basketball', and not the specific team I wanted.

#2 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

What model receiver do you have?
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#3 OFFLINE   ATARI

ATARI

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

What model receiver do you have?

I have the Hopper/Joeys.

#4 OFFLINE   RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

I have the Hopper/Joeys.

You can set up a Seek & Record timer on the Hopper. If you press the # button to pull up the Search screen, and then press the Green Hotkey you will see the option to set this up. If you enter the teams name, the DVR will record everything that shows in the guide that has that name in the title or description.

#5 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

You can set up a Seek & Record timer on the Hopper. If you press the # button to pull up the Search screen, and then press the Green Hotkey you will see the option to set this up. If you enter the teams name, the DVR will record everything that shows in the guide that has that name in the title or description.

Just make sure to select Info and not Title when setting the seek and record as the team names usually show up in the Info and not the Title.
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#6 OFFLINE   ATARI

ATARI

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately it is still not working as expected. Using the Theme of Sports: Basketball, I setup recordings for 'DUKE'. But everything with a duke in the description gets recorded. Apparently the Theme setting is only for the Search function and not for the Seek and Record function.

#7 OFFLINE   4HiMarks

4HiMarks

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationLaurel, MD

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately it is still not working as expected. Using the Theme of Sports: Basketball, I setup recordings for 'DUKE'. But everything with a duke in the description gets recorded. Apparently the Theme setting is only for the Search function and not for the Seek and Record function.

You could try two timers: "Duke vs." and "at Duke". That would probably get rid of all the British costume dramas.
Dish subscriber since 2000, HD since 2004.

#8 OFFLINE   clotter

clotter

AllStar

• Registered
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

I do something similar for the Green Bay Packers. I have it set up this way:

at Green Bay
at Packers
Green Bay at
Packers at

Most of the games are on Fox & the guide for Fox doesn't show game information nearly as early as most programming. What I did above has caught all the games and none of the local Packer related programs which is the way I want it.

#9 OFFLINE   ATARI

ATARI

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

I do something similar for the Green Bay Packers. I have it set up this way:

at Green Bay
at Packers
Green Bay at
Packers at

Most of the games are on Fox & the guide for Fox doesn't show game information nearly as early as most programming. What I did above has caught all the games and none of the local Packer related programs which is the way I want it.

I did at Duke, at Cameron, Duke vs. and vs. Duke -- that should cover it.

Thanks.

spam firewall