Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ASK DBSTalk: New software downloading Thursday evening?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Bogney

Bogney

Legend

• Registered
  • 160 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 06:31 PM

The power button on my 921 has been flashing for the last 10 minutes. Is this the new software or is there something else that a flashing power button could indicate?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 06:34 PM

Power button flashing usually means a software download. You can check by going to Menu - 6 - 7 and seeing download progress. If there is a download going on tonight, it may take twice as long as a normal download - up to 2 hours, so be aware of that.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#3 OFFLINE   Bogney

Bogney

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 160 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 06:39 PM

Power button flashing usually means a software download. You can check by going to Menu - 6 - 7 and seeing download progress.

I tried that. It said, "Download interrupted, please wait".

#4 OFFLINE   Throwbot

Throwbot

Legend

• Registered
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 06:42 PM

Power button flashing usually means a software download. You can check by going to Menu - 6 - 7 and seeing download progress. If there is a download going on tonight, it may take twice as long as a normal download - up to 2 hours, so be aware of that.

IF?????
Come on Mark you be the man , Tell us !!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Ummm???? he thinks clutching at the "finally the new software download will mean the release of 100's of 921s" straw.......
Still waiting

#5 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 06:50 PM

I think I can OFFICIALY give notice that YES this is L1.45 being downloaded.

I received a phone call from the 921 team at Dinner and was told that L1.45 was just signed off on and would be uplinked tonight.

Of course my 921 is dead so I can't see whats going on. :D

#6 OFFLINE   Ronald K

Ronald K

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 06:55 PM

I just checked my unit and it said download successful - power down unit to install software.

It is at the medalion stage now.

Fingers are crossed!!

#7 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 07:04 PM

Heh...you guys knew about this tonight before I did. Granted, I've been home all day today with the flu, so if Dish tried to call me at work, I didn't get the message. But, woohoo!

I've had L145 for a few days, and haven't run into anything major (like the OTA bug, or the bug that was the reason you didn't see L144).
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com

#8 OFFLINE   Jerry G

Jerry G

Icon

• Registered
  • 812 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 07:18 PM

My 921 was off and doing a timed recording. I noticed the flashing green light and wondered what was going on. I turned it on and the flashing stopped. I continued to watch the program being recorded. It didn't even dawn on me that it could be new software. I just checked and sure enough, a software download is going on right now.

#9 OFFLINE   Ronald K

Ronald K

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 07:54 PM

Mark

The only plus that I have noticed with 145 is the unit has not locked up on me.

This sounds like it would be a major improvement but it really isn't since I can not lock in any digital OTA stations. My signal strength meter now does not work and any digital channel picked up with the scan is unwatchable because of breakups. At least the last version provided a solid signal when it picked it up.

Blue lines are still present.

Stretch mode still over stretches.

Mark - What improvements were made that I can look for?

#10 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 12:31 PM

Fixes have been posted in another thread. You need to do a smartcard reboot after installation to be able to lock onto your local digital channels. After the reboot, they should scan in just fine.

If you have the blue lines problem, send Dish an email to the address in the thread posted at the top of this forum - they will respond to you about getting your 921 swapped out for a new one.

Stretch is definitely still a bug, as is zoom (although not as bad).
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com

Protected By... spam firewall...And...