Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The 101 and 103cb issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

Was or is Directv having issues or rather testing some of the TP's on the 101and 103cb? Cause I noticed the other day and yesterday that TP 1,9,17,25 on the 101 signals were in the 70's when normally they are 97 98.

Also on the 103cb TP 7-14 were all low 80's when normally the are 89-95.

I rechecked my alinement after sandy and this is what i came up with. Did the storm do something to Directv in some way, or is it just testing ,or is this a possible start to an issue with my equipment? Today numbers are good.

How do I know if its a Swim issue?

Former Directv Subscriber May 5th-2012 - November 7th 2014 

Blue Ridge Communticatons

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Livingroom Samsung 6030,55 inch

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Master Bedroom,Samsung 5300 40 inch

Tivo Mini Bedroom 2

Tivo Mini Bedroom 3

Cisco HD ,Bedroom office 4

Basic Plus anolog Bedrrom 5 and 6

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   lesz

lesz

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Was or is Directv having issues or rather testing some of the TP's on the 101and 103cb? Cause I noticed the other day and yesterday that TP 1,9,17,25 on the 101 signals were in the 70's when normally they are 97 98.

Also on the 103cb TP 7-14 were all low 80's when normally the are 89-95.

I rechecked my alinement after sandy and this is what i came up with. Did the storm do something to Directv in some way, or is it just testing ,or is this a possible start to an issue with my equipment? Today numbers are good.

How do I know if its a Swim issue?

Over the weekend, I noticed that transponders 1, 9, 17, and 25 on 101 all had signal levels in the 86-87 range, instead of the 95 or 96 that I normally see. I periodically checked the levels for about 2 days, and they continued to be lower than normal, but around mid-morning today, they seem to have returned to their normal levels and have remained there. The signal levels that I was seeing on all other satellites, including 103cb seemed to be around the 95 that I would normally expect to see on the Ka satellites and 97 on the Ku satellites.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...