Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MRV DVR change

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dieguy

dieguy

BIG Dish alum

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

I have MRV subscription. My main DVR is a HR-24. I want to replace the HR-24 with a HR-34. Do I have to cal D*** before I exchange the receivers or can I change them and then call D*** to activate the HR-34 and make it the main receiver in the MRV?

Thanks in advance for the info.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   caseyf5

caseyf5

Legend

• Registered
  • 184 posts
  • LocationBethpage, NY 11714

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

I have MRV subscription. My main DVR is a HR-24. I want to replace the HR-24 with a HR-34. Do I have to cal D*** before I exchange the receivers or can I change them and then call D*** to activate the HR-34 and make it the main receiver in the MRV?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Hello dieguy,

I have always swapped out the old piece of equipment for the new one and then powered on the new one before calling in D*** to activate the new equipment. I also told them the status of the old equipment such as moving to a new room or sending it back home to D*** :icon_cry: . In the latter case a recovery kit needed to be sent. :hurah:
My setup: 1 HR34/700 DVR no external HD, 1 HR24/500 DVR using WD 2TB Green HD and Antec MX-1 enclosure (used for CE) and 3 H24/700 receivers, 1 SL5 Dish (4 cable), 1 SWM16 Multiswitch, 1 Wired CCK. 1 Whole Home with DECA, 1 Sharp LC-37GP1U TV, 1 Sony Home Theater System HT-CT550W (Soundbar), 1 Impact 6x2 Component Video Matrix (Switcher) and 2 Sewell 1x2 HDMI Splitters with Ethernet, 3D Support and 4Kx2K Resolution with multiple hdmi cables with Ethernet.

#3 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,249 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:51 AM

You said your main DVR is a 24; do you have any other DVRs or receivers?

#4 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,487 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:57 AM

And do you currently have SWM?

#5 OFFLINE   dieguy

dieguy

BIG Dish alum

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

First, thanks for the replies.
Yes, there is a another HR-24 and a-H-25 part of the set up.

Also installing a SWM-16.
All DYI. I hate to wait for techs.

#6 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,249 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

Ok.

If I was upgrading to a 34, I'd keep the hr24 and get rid of the h25. Additional backup recordings plus ability to pause, FF and Rewind live TV. No additional monthly fees. Unless you need the 25 for its size.

#7 OFFLINE   dieguy

dieguy

BIG Dish alum

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

Dood idea. I will do that.

#8 OFFLINE   otaliema

otaliema

AllStar

• Registered
  • 171 posts
  • LocationMid-west USA

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

As long as everything is working right. There wont be anythign special for activation in the D* systems it will just start a 24 month contract the day it's activated as all HR34 are leased.

I am a former DIRECTV employee however all statements opinions, views, expressions, etc, are entirely my own even if logic says otherwise.

They DO NOT reflect on DIRECTV and or any partner, affiliated company's, polices, processes, opinions, or things that are not listed here.

Set up. HR24-200, HR24-200, HR22-200, H23-600. Whole Home, BBCCK, SL3 SWiM.

I have found that working with computers is like working with a toddler, sometimes there is no reason for the melt down, just keep on moving forward.

spam firewall