Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Doctor Who - Returns

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,664 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Posted Image

Confirmed for 2013: Cybermen and Stellar Cast

We can confirm that the Cybermen will be menacing the universe once again when ‘Doctor Who’ returns for a run of eight epic episodes in Spring 2013. The iconic enemies will feature in an adventure directed by Stephen Woolfenden and written by the acclaimed Neil Gaiman whose previous episode was the Hugo Award-winning, ‘The Doctor’s Wife.’

Starring Matt Smith as the Doctor and Jenna-Louise Coleman as the new companion, the episode co-stars Warwick Davis (‘Life’s Too Short’ and ‘Harry Potter’), Tamzin Outhwaite (‘EastEnders’ and ‘Hotel Babylon’) and Jason Watkins (‘Being Human’ and ‘Lark Rise to Candleford’) as a band of misfits on a mysterious planet

. . . .

SOURCE

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

It's going to be interesting to see how Jenna-Louise Coleman turns into a companion. Her character is a Dalek!
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#3 OFFLINE   litex2x

litex2x

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

Posted Image

Confirmed for 2013: Cybermen and Stellar Cast

SOURCE

Too long of a wait... I wants it nao!

#4 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

Too long of a wait... I wants it nao!

There's an Xmas episode coming to appease at least part of our desires.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#5 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,230 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

Sounds good. Can't wait.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#6 OFFLINE   frederic1943

frederic1943

Icon

• Registered
  • 748 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

Look for the "Doctor Who" Christmas Special on BBCA Tuesday, December 25 at 9:00/8:00c.

DOCTOR WHO CHRISTMAS SPECIAL - US PREMIERE

Following the epic mid-season finale, the Doctor gets in the holiday spirit in the all-new Christmas special written by lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat (Sherlock). Accompanied by his newest companion, played by Jenna-Louise Coleman, the Doctor's latest adventure through space and time sees him once again crossing paths with the homo-reptilian Silurian Madame Vastra (Neve McIntosh) and her cohort Jenny (Catrin Stewart). The Doctor Who Christmas Special premieres December 25, 9:00pm ET. Twitter: #DoctorWho
37" Olevia LT37HVS HDTV with HR21-100 connected with HDMI and HR20-700 connected with Component
And
37" Hannspree Nara HDTV with HR21-100 connected with Component

#7 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

http://io9.com/59596...ermen/gallery/1

Cant wait the cybermen look great and neil gaiman writing is just to awesome... Thank god for a christmas episode to tide us over I dont think I could wait without it haha.

#8 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

Thank god for a christmas episode to tide us over I dont think I could wait without it haha.

Same here! I've been re-watching the 60's episodes.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#9 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

Sorry, Jenna-Louise Coleman can't hold a candle to Karen Gillan. The show's charm is down about 50% at this point.

#10 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

Sorry, Jenna-Louise Coleman can't hold a candle to Karen Gillan. The show's charm is down about 50% at this point.

And Karen Giilan can't hold a candle to Billy Piper, yet the show went on. :)
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#11 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

Billy Piper made a great call girl, but Catherine Tate (actually Donna Noble) was the best companion of the new Doctor Who era. So there. :D

#12 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

https://encrypted-tb...i1nAb5meD1FGzEA
Billy here apparently suggesting the Doctor do something or other. No idea what...
Posted Image
Catherine clearly suggesting we change the channel to protect our eyes,

The #1 job of the Companion is to be young and hot. THEN they can be half-decent Companions or not. River made this crystal clear this season, basically calling the Doctor a borderline pederast: "He likes them very young and pretty, and the moment they show the least little wrinkles around the eyes, he dumps them like THAT!" I judge Early Amy Pond (before her face got all old and puffy from alcoholism) to be #1 (awesome legs), Billy shares the #1 for her consistent scrumptious hotness, and Catherine...I'm sure she's a very nice...person.

#13 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRcVWe16gH1cUibfnwPvRs-Zddds-6ah2uJXhi1nAb5meD1FGzEA
Billy here apparently suggesting the Doctor do something or other. No idea what...
Posted Image
Catherine clearly suggesting we change the channel to protect our eyes,

The #1 job of the Companion is to be young and hot. THEN they can be half-decent Companions or not. River made this crystal clear this season, basically calling the Doctor a borderline pederast: "He likes them very young and pretty, and the moment they show the least little wrinkles around the eyes, he dumps them like THAT!" I judge Early Amy Pond (before her face got all old and puffy from alcoholism) to be #1 (awesome legs), Billy shares the #1 for her consistent scrumptious hotness, and Catherine...I'm sure she's a very nice...person.

#1 - Billy Piper
#2 - Michelle Ryan (Only for that one special unfortunately)
#3 - Freema Agyeman
#4 - Elizabeth Sladen
#5 - Karen Gillan
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#14 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

The #1 job of the Companion is to be young and hot.

Thanks for playing, but so sorry, that is incorrect. The number one job of the Doctor's Companion is to ground him, to show him and instill in him a level of humanity and decency, reign in his ego, and check his power.

Besides all that, if there were a contest for hottest companion, it's clearly Captain Jack Harkness (John Barrowman). :D

#15 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Thanks for playing, but so sorry, that is incorrect. The number one job of the Doctor's Companion is to ground him, to show him and instill in him a level of humanity and decency, reign in his ego, and check his power.

Besides all that, if there were a contest for hottest companion, it's clearly Captain Jack Harkness (John Barrowman). :D

I thought Donna annoyed him more than she grounded him though. She annoyed me enough. :lol:
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

spam firewall