Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper Auto Tune

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Wildman63

Wildman63

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

Just had a Hopper/Single Joey installed this morning. Haven't been able to figure out how to establish an auto tune from the EPG. Only options available are for recording. My old VIP 621 offered the option to automatically tune a program, Hopper doesn't seem to let me do that.

Apologize if it has been already discussed... I couldn't find it here, on line or in the manual.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,049 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

I don't recall the feature ... Are you sure it exist for h/j ?

#3 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 571 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Just had a Hopper/Single Joey installed this morning. Haven't been able to figure out how to establish an auto tune from the EPG. Only options available are for recording. My old VIP 621 offered the option to automatically tune a program, Hopper doesn't seem to let me do that.

Apologize if it has been already discussed... I couldn't find it here, on line or in the manual.

When you select a future event from the guide, select "record series timer". From here, you can change the recording option from "DVR" to "Auto Tune" :D

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

#4 OFFLINE   Wildman63

Wildman63

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Thanks... I knew there had to be a way to do it.

So far, this is a pretty amazing system. I went for the Sling Adapter and even that works here at home...

#5 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 571 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

Thanks... I knew there had to be a way to do it.

So far, this is a pretty amazing system. I went for the Sling Adapter and even that works here at home...

It's a bit different to setup auto tune, but I'm glad I was able to help!

Sling should work outside of your home as well so long as you have the proper speeds :D

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

#6 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 472 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

Yeah -- When I first got Hopper it was confusing figuring out where auto tune is. Gad they retained this very useful feature!

2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey

1 ViP722k (separate account)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...