Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Possible Extra Innings Package Changes?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Baldmaga

Baldmaga

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

I wish MLB.TV would just cut out the breaks in the archives instead of having the static MLB.TV logo for 2 minutes...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

I wish MLB.TV would just cut out the breaks in the archives instead of having the static MLB.TV logo for 2 minutes...

You can FF. I always select the innings options and just watch selected innings

#63 OFFLINE   markrogo

markrogo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 299 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Of course.

Thanks for the reply. It's about as clear as a black hole on the mlb.tv site to be honest. It's clear you can watch a game after it's done. It's clear you pick up a game in progress at the point it's already at. What wasn't clear was that you can start a game in progress >from the beginning< and then work your way back to live.

Thanks again.

#64 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,331 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Regarding MLB.TV--can one use this on two separate devices? For example, can I watch it on my Roku or a PC, and at the same time my father in a different part of the country watch via my account on his Roku? Just wondering if one can have two different devices in use on one account at the same time. I don't want to violate the TOS, though.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#65 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,373 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

Regarding MLB.TV--can one use this on two separate devices? For example, can I watch it on my Roku or a PC, and at the same time my father in a different part of the country watch via my account on his Roku? Just wondering if one can have two different devices in use on one account at the same time. I don't want to violate the TOS, though.

I believe yes but you are not supposed too. They do not promote sharing your account. Also dont forget that it blacks out according to location so that would tell them for sure its either being used by someone else or that someone is traveling but not if its going at both places probably. Who knows I just know they can suspend your account for it.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#66 OFFLINE   kenpac89

kenpac89

Legend

• Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

That's the direction they(MLB) are headed in. Tim Bronsan (EVP of MLB) spoke to this extensively at the Sports Business Journal symposium.

I will see if I can find the article and post a link to it. I'm pretty sure Fang's Bites may have a link.

Short VersionHelps pump up the number of total subs to the EI package across all MLBEI TV distributors just in time for negotiation/renewal of Carriage Deals of the MLB Network and MLBEI with the plethora of Providers.

Helps shield the Sub numbers from self cannibalism.

There is an article about this at http://www.sportsbus...orts-Media.aspx

Here is a quote from the article:

"Tim Brosnan, MLB executive vice president of business, broke some news when he said MLB is considering combining Extra Innings and MLB.TV into one offering."

#67 OFFLINE   jwt0001

jwt0001

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

By the way, Fox just bought Sports Time Ohio from the Indians and the Cleveland games are going back to FSNO. No word on whether STO will stay around.

#68 OFFLINE   jwt0001

jwt0001

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

The main reason I prefer EI over MLB.tv is the ability to quickly get from one game to the next. Buffering on RoKu and AppleTV made switching a pain.

#69 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

By the way, Fox just bought Sports Time Ohio from the Indians and the Cleveland games are going back to FSNO. No word on whether STO will stay around.

Yea I posted that in the Sports Programming thread
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#70 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

Hopefully that means Fox Sports Ohio full-time HD on DIRECTV.

#71 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 473 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

Where did you read Indian games are going to air on FS Ohio? I read that no decision had been made on whether Fox is going to keep STO around and air Indian games on it still or if they will air on FS Ohio or start a new Fox Sports channel FS Cleveland.
Go Big Red!!!

#72 OFFLINE   jwt0001

jwt0001

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

My bad. It comes from reading all the speculation this deal has had over the last month or so. I'm sure they will add the Fox name to the channel if they choose to keep it running, but we don't know which channel the Indians will end up on.

#73 OFFLINE   kenkraly2004

kenkraly2004

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

I don't like blackouts for sports and MLB games their is no excuse for sports leagues to have them period end of story. I use both MLB.TV on my computer , iPad Mini and my android phone also I have MLB Extra Innings on Directv and will have it again for 2013. And @DodgerKing where did you take this survey at for MLB.TV and Directv for Extra Innings?

#74 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

I don't like blackouts for sports and MLB games their is no excuse for sports leagues to have them period end of story. I use both MLB.TV on my computer , iPad Mini and my android phone also I have MLB Extra Innings on Directv and will have it again for 2013. And @DodgerKing where did you take this survey at for MLB.TV and Directv for Extra Innings?

It was e-mailed to my by DirecTV

#75 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 528 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

do you if mbl.tv will be included with Extra Innings?

#76 OFFLINE   cjrleimer

cjrleimer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

do you if mbl.tv will be included with Extra Innings?

It will probably be known in Feburary as MLB.TV usually comes out with pricing and features for the new year.

#77 OFFLINE   kenkraly2004

kenkraly2004

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Here's a question. How come MLB.com's MLB.TV and Directv's MLB Extra Innings not work together and sign a deal to link the 2 paid subscriptions together so you don't have to pay for both MLB.TV and MLB Extra Innings? Do you see this changing in the future when the new MLB TV contract goes into effect in 2014?

#78 OFFLINE   EricRobins

EricRobins

Godfather

• Registered
  • 463 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

Anyone try MLB.TV on a WDTV box, specifically the WDTV Live Hub?

How is the DVR functionality? Is it even close to the HR2X?

#79 OFFLINE   GlennDio

GlennDio

Icon

• Registered
  • 585 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Anyone try MLB.TV on a WDTV box, specifically the WDTV Live Hub?

How is the DVR functionality? Is it even close to the HR2X?

I have used it for regular viewing and it is quite nice (a WD TV Live box) but I never use the DVR functionality since I watch almost 100% of my baseball live

#80 OFFLINE   milton

milton

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

One issue I have with EI is that they do not offer some OTA feeds, while MLB.TV does offer them. Of course, when WWOR is televising a Yankees game, they give us that feed; and they do a few others (Phillies). But they don't provide games from WCIU (Sox/Cubs), KCAL (Dodgers) or KNTV (Giants). They also don't provide Jays games that are on TSN.

And while these teams aren't the Yankees, they aren't teams with a small following (Cubs, Dodgers and Giants are top 10 teams in terms of popularity.)

It's disappointing most for KCAL because it means we don't get to hear Vin Scully.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...