Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD DVR Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pandafish

pandafish

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

Hello. I logged into my online account and it says that for a limited time I can upgrade to a free HD DVR. I currently have an HR24 and 3 H24's. My thought was to replace an H24 in a kid's room with the DVR and set all the kid's show timers on the that one. If I do this will all receivers be able to see the recordings on both DVR's. Thanks in advance for the help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

If you have whole home already on the account yes.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   pandafish

pandafish

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

I do have whole home dvr already. Now this might be too much to ask but can I make it so my existing HR24 recordings only show up in the master bedroom and that DVR but the kids' recordings show up everywhere?
Also would there be any additional monthly fees?

#4 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

You can set the HR24 to not share its playlist, but then it won't show up anywhere else at all.

Also please keep in mind when ordering a DVR off of DirecTV's site, which by taking their offer you are, you are not guaranteed an HR24. You could get anything from an HR21 on up.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#5 OFFLINE   pandafish

pandafish

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

Would there be an additional DVR fee?

#6 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

No
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#7 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,382 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

The DVR fee is per account. Then there is a $6 fee for each box. So if you activate a new DVR and deactivate one of your receivers, there wouldn't be any additional charges.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...