Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Joey List Problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Wildman63

Wildman63

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

I am a new Hopper/Joey user but a long-time Dish customer. Have used Favorites Lists on previous Dish boxes. I set up two favorites lists on our Joey, List 1 for regular programs ("Pat List") and List 2 ("Movies") for movies channels. Everything worked fine till tonight.

Tonight my wife fired up the Joey and her list ("Pat List") didn't bear any resemblance to what I had set up yesterday. In fact it appeared to have ALL the channels in it. I cleared all the entries ("Deselect All") and re-entered all the desired channels. When saved, Pat List (AKA List 1) showed several sports and hockey Center Ice channels I had not ever selected. I tried to edit them out, but they refused to go away.

I pulled the plug on the Joey and left it unplugged for about ten minutes. I Deselected All again from "Pat List" then re-entered the desired channels... the same unwanted channels were back after saving the results.

I tried to change the list name and Deselect All again but the list wouldn't change.

Meanwhile I used List 3 as a replacement for List 1 and it looks OK. My List 2 ("Movies") survived the whole episode and so far List 3 ("Pat") seems to work OK.

Any ideas?:nono2::(

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,862 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

dish want you see more in top lists ;) so only at bottom you can hide your real favorites untouched ;)

#3 OFFLINE   Wildman63

Wildman63

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

This morning I was able to delete the errant favorite list and its contents. The whole problem might have been induced by a nightly update that was corrupted then fixed when the update occurred last night. Is a puzzlement.

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,862 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

"nightly update" of what ? If you mean FW, then not too many got new S2.78

#5 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Ill just be happy when they fix the favorite list memory. I lose channels off it daily. Please fix this dish network!!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...