Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR-34 strange recording behavior

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pipaloo

pipaloo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

I hardly ever post here, but I observed something very strange on HR-34 last night. I was watching "Wag the Dog" on one of the movie channels in the 500s, not sure which one. After watching about half of the movie, I recorded it as I has to leave the house. This morning, I go to watch the second half of the movie, and I get the do you want to purchase message. I know I recorded this on a premium channel and I watched half of it, but the playlist shows this movie recorded off a Directv Cinema channel. I never even use Directv Cinema. Very odd indeed.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

I've seen this a few times. When you go to select a recording if it's in VOD it will select the VOD option first. This happened a few weeks ago with Jaws and at least once since then.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#3 OFFLINE   pipaloo

pipaloo

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

Did you initially record the movie on a regular channel? Why would the playlist reflect a recording as being on a channel that it was not even recorded on?

#4 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

I searched for it and found it on a regular channel but when I went to setup the recording it defaulted to the VOD option.

It's a bug, you should report it in the issues/discussion thread.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#5 OFFLINE   pipaloo

pipaloo

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

In my case, I was watching the movie on a 500 channel and pressed record while halfway through it, and the playlist shows it was recorded as on demand.

#6 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,777 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

In my case, I was watching the movie on a 500 channel and pressed record while halfway through it, and the playlist shows it was recorded as on demand.

Exactly, same issue.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#7 OFFLINE   pipaloo

pipaloo

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

Not the same, considering that I recorded it one channel and even paused it for a long period and began watching it again later. It was clearly recording on the 500 channel while it was playing live on that channel, but the playlist showed it as a $3.99 to watch recording.

#8 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

We understand what happened. It's no difference if you recorded the program by searching for it, finding it in the guide, or just recording it while watching it. For some reason the boxes try to default playing the same title from the VOD recording that was saved on the DirecTV portion of your hard drive pushed down from the satellites rather than playing the version on the HBO/Cinemax/etc channel you actually recorded it on. This bug was seen a while back and a few people posted about it on here. I can't remember if they were able to figure out a way around it, by resetting/reautorizing or something like that or not. You might want to try to search to find the thread about it and see. Otherwise you might have to wait for a software update to fix the bug.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

spam firewall