Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
HR20-100 fan replcement?
Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:01 AM
My unit is well out of warranty.
Has anyone replaced a fan on one of these?
Is it a difficult job (I am pretty good with this kind of thing).
Any specs on the fan? replacement?
Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:23 AM
but, I do understand not wanting to lose all those recordings on the external drive.
The surest way to find out what you need is to open it up and get the numbers off the fan that is in it.
I found this link that seems to be what you want.
Edited by jimmie57, 14 November 2012 - 11:34 AM.
DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM, HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD
Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:25 PM
I have an owned HR20-100 DVR and replaced the Hard Drive which requires fan removal in the process. Here are the steps for just the fan:
1) Remove the 5 torx screws from the rear panel and pull the panel towards the rear. It should pop upwards as it slides. Swing upwards and remove.
2) Disconnect the fan power connector on the main board.
3) Remove the four torx screws holding the card retainer and remove.
4) Remove the remaining four torx screws holding the black plastic fan/HD housing (2 of the screws are recessed but can be removed with an Allen wrench of the proper size), and remove the housing assembly.
5) Remove the fan by depressing the three clips holding its edges.
6) Replace with new fan and reverse the steps to reassemble the unit. Don't forget to reconnect fan power before closing the unit.
You can determine what fan is needed once you remove it, and you might need to use the connector off the old fan (be sure to get the polarity correct when attaching it to the replacement).
I found a pretty good fan supplier who carries a lot of replacement fans:
They might have this one.
Edited by RBTO, 14 November 2012 - 04:32 PM.
Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:29 PM