Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Showtime on Demand

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   edtex

edtex

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

It is extremely frustrating that DISH does not have Showtime on Demand. Does anyone else share this frustration?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

It's my understanding that Showtime is the cause of this frustration, not Dish.

#3 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

If I liked\had Showtime I would want the online version, I use HBOGO all the time. I don't know the reason it's not available on Dish. (I didn't know it wasn't till your post....)

#4 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 348 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Lack of showtime on demand was the reason I switched to HBO

#5 OFFLINE   busboy789

busboy789

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

I don't have a clue as to who to blame, so I will not. It would be nice to have Showtime Anytime. I currently have both Showtime and HBO, and will soon drop Showtime if Dish subscribers do not gain access in the near future. DTV has Showtime Anytime, so perhaps some sort of agreement will be worked out.

#6 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

I don't have a clue as to who to blame, so I will not. It would be nice to have Showtime Anytime. I currently have both Showtime and HBO, and will soon drop Showtime if Dish subscribers do not gain access in the near future. DTV has Showtime Anytime, so perhaps some sort of agreement will be worked out.

I will be dropping showtime soon. I will wait for the current billing cycle to end....& then bye bye. Suits both dish & showtime.....since they both can't work together to make their customer happy.

#7 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

I will be dropping showtime soon. I will wait for the current billing cycle to end....& then bye bye. Suits both dish & showtime.....since they both can't work together to make their customer happy.

Dish want as much content for streaming as they can get. Fault for not carrying it seem to fall to Showtime for failure to provide it.

#8 OFFLINE   fudpucker

fudpucker

Godfather

• Registered
  • 692 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

Dish want as much content for streaming as they can get. Fault for not carrying it seem to fall to Showtime for failure to provide it.

I'm not sure I follow your reasoning here. I watch HBOGo, HBO's incredibly grat streaming service, on my XBox. I have to show I am a Dish subscriber, but I don't watch it on Dish. Why does Dish want as much of that type as possible?

#9 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

I'm not sure I follow your reasoning here. I watch HBOGo, HBO's incredibly grat streaming service, on my XBox. I have to show I am a Dish subscriber, but I don't watch it on Dish. Why does Dish want as much of that type as possible?

I was referring to Dish wanting to compete with Netflix and RedBox with their streaming content through their HD dvr receivers. It's the reason it wanted Blockbuster, the wireless license's they got via the AMC settlement, their own version of the sling on most of their HD dvr receivers, ect.

#10 OFFLINE   fudpucker

fudpucker

Godfather

• Registered
  • 692 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

I was referring to Dish wanting to compete with Netflix and RedBox with their streaming content through their HD dvr receivers. It's the reason it wanted Blockbuster, the wireless license's they got via the AMC settlement, their own version of the sling on most of their HD dvr receivers, ect.

But if Dish offered Showtime's streaming service (ShowtimeAnytime) it would not be streaming through Dish's HD DVR receivers. It would be streaming through computers and mobile phones, that's how it works. It's not as nice as HBOGo in that you don't have an option to watch it on your TV (HBOGO is also stream able on consoles.)

#11 OFFLINE   Wilf

Wilf

Legend

• Registered
  • 244 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

But if Dish offered Showtime's streaming service (ShowtimeAnytime) it would not be streaming through Dish's HD DVR receivers. It would be streaming through computers and mobile phones, that's how it works. It's not as nice as HBOGo in that you don't have an option to watch it on your TV (HBOGO is also stream able on consoles.)

Nothing that a Roku can't fix.

#12 OFFLINE   fudpucker

fudpucker

Godfather

• Registered
  • 692 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:02 AM

Is ShowtimeAnytime available on Roku? They don't show that as a supported device on their web site.

#13 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 348 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

Maybe I need to check again, but last time I looked on my Roku Channel Store, Showtime preview was there but not Showtime Anytime

#14 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

It is also designed to work through the receivers, specifically the 722(k), 922 and Hopper. Dish is working on tying all the streaming systems together.

#15 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,151 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

How do I subscribe to HBO GO? I tried two years ago nothing happened.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#16 OFFLINE   fudpucker

fudpucker

Godfather

• Registered
  • 692 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

It is also designed to work through the receivers, specifically the 722(k), 922 and Hopper. Dish is working on tying all the streaming systems together.

Where did you get that info from? For example, Dish does support HBOGo, HBO's streaming service, but I can't access it from my 722.

#17 OFFLINE   fudpucker

fudpucker

Godfather

• Registered
  • 692 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

How do I subscribe to HBO GO? I tried two years ago nothing happened.

If you subscribe to HBO, you have access to HBOGo. You just have to download the app on your phone, pad, XBox, PS3, or on your PC. It will ask who your provider is, you select Dish from the options, and then it will ask you to login using the username and password you use to log into Dish's website.

At that point you are then able to view HBOGo and all of it's current and archived series and specials. A huge treasure trove of good stuff. Again, you have to view it on a mobile device or game console, not via your Dish receiver.

#18 OFFLINE   hasbeen29650

hasbeen29650

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

It is true you can't get HBOgo on a dish receiver but you can get HBO on demand that seems to have all the same stuff as HBOgo and it will all play on your TV for free.

#19 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

It is true you can't get HBOgo on a dish receiver but you can get HBO on demand that seems to have all the same stuff as HBOgo and it will all play on your TV for free.

I believe you have to be an HBO subscriber to get HBO on demand, so its not really free.

#20 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

I see you got a good answer from CCarncross, as well HBO GO will only play on your PC at dishonline.com or hbogo.com, and only on your mobile device with the HBO GO app. HBO On Demand can be viewed on your broadband connected HD DVR.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...