Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Newbi needs help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   oblag

oblag

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Hello, about a year ago I upgraded to HD. The installer changed my dish to a sl3 swm. I have 2 DVRs a R22-100, a HR21-700 and 1 HD H25-500 receiver. I have a house in another state that I would bring my old SD receiver to when we would visit. I have an older 18" round dish at my other house that I was using before. My question is, can I use the R22-100 DVR with the older dish and get sd channels? Or do I need to get another sl3 swm? I know the R22-100 can get HD when it's hooked up to an HD system. Can I get the DVR to pick up the 101, 110, 119? Sorry if i am wrong about the sat #'s It has been a long time. Thanks in advance.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   longrider

longrider

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,128 posts
  • LocationElizabeth, CO

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

What you need to do is go into setup and change the dish type to 18" round or whatever the exact name is. It will NOT automatically detect the dish change. The round dish only receives 101 but that should not be an issue, 119 is now just some foreign language channels and a couple music channels. 110 is unused for the moment

Edit: I just checked on my HR24 and the dish type is 01: 18" Round
My Setup

#3 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,940 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

It can sometimes be difficult to change a receiver from SWM to conventional (and back), but is done through sat setup as noted above. You might need to do an extra reset along the way.

If you have a DECA module, don't use that on the 18" dish.

#4 OFFLINE   oblag

oblag

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

Thank you both for the reply. Can I ask what a DECA module is? Is it the power supply for the smw dish?

#5 OFFLINE   Xsabresx

Xsabresx

Icon

• Registered
  • 981 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

DECA module would be attached to some of your receivers (HR21-700) to allow whole home DVR to work.

Older ones look like this:
Posted Image

but as I just learned in the past weeks there is a smaller black one now that looks like this.

Posted Image
since 2001

HR20-700 -- LG 55LH55 LCD
HR23-700 -- Sony KDL-60EX500 LCD
HR21-100 --Vizio VA26LHDTV10T
H24-100 -- Hitachi 51F59 Rear Projection
H24-100 -- Some tube that wont die

#6 OFFLINE   Brubear

Brubear

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

Hello, about a year ago I upgraded to HD. The installer changed my dish to a sl3 swm. I have 2 DVRs a R22-100, a HR21-700 and 1 HD H25-500 receiver. I have a house in another state that I would bring my old SD receiver to when we would visit. I have an older 18" round dish at my other house that I was using before. My question is, can I use the R22-100 DVR with the older dish and get sd channels? Or do I need to get another sl3 swm? I know the R22-100 can get HD when it's hooked up to an HD system. Can I get the DVR to pick up the 101, 110, 119? Sorry if i am wrong about the sat #'s It has been a long time. Thanks in advance.

technically accounts at separate addresses need to be separate accts unless all the irds are trucked back and forth

my comments and opinions are my own and do not suggest endorsement by my employer

Protected By... spam firewall...And...