Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2-HR34's problem viewing others recordings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tazzman23

tazzman23

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

I have a configuration of 2 HR34's and 1 HR24 which, up until end of August, was working perfectly with regard to sharing/viewing playlists between the 3 machines. But for the past 3 months, I notice that the HR34 cannot view a program recorded on the alternate HR34. When playback is attempted the screen goes black or freezes and the message appears: "All or part of this program was not recorded due to a problem at broadcast time ... scanning program for viewable content", but never finds anything. The same recording plays perfectly on the native HR34 that recorded it. Playback and playlist sharing of HR24 to either HR34, or from either HR34 to the HR24 is OK. Only HR34 to HR34 viewing is causing problems. WHDVR status for all 3 machine is OK (always shows the other companion machines present). Reset or complete power down and restart of the full system does not fix it.
Anyone else having similar problems? Any help or feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,637 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

You'll need to wait for a firmware update.
Having two HMCs is yet to be supported by DirecTV.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 921 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

^^ what VOS said
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#4 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,030 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

Yes, you are not supposed to have two HR34s in a single system, DirecTv won't activate the second one although a few have slipped through the cracks. There are other problems with multiple HR34s that relate to the C31 Client also. I expect these will be fixed eventually but they are not necessarily high on DirecTV's priority list because as I say you are not supposed to have two of them.

#5 OFFLINE   tazzman23

tazzman23

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

I suspect recent series of firmware updates messed up my HMC to HMC playback, because it was working perfectly for me before. Since I am running an unsupported 2-HR34 configuration, I agree that there might be a long wait for a fix. For now, I’m having to store all of the “want to share” recordings on the HR24 to work around the issue and hope DirecTv does not zap activation of one of my HMC units in the meantime.
Thanks for feedback!

spam firewall