Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Disappionted

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,153 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

Ah, but he DID have comprehensive insurance. He was told he was not responsible for the cost of the receivers that were lost and then billed for them by the very people who told him he was not responsible for that expense.

Had DirecTV told him it was on his dime at the very beginning he could have claimed it and his insurance would have covered it.

Why should he be left holding the bag for DirecTV's inability to put forth a consistent position?

the cable boxes and sat boxes should have there own insurance from the place that you rent them from that covers fires / hurricanes / ect.

and they should bill real costs not the price for a new box for one that is 5 years old.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Breezy, so sorry to hear about your loss. I went through a house fire when I was 15 and have known a few others who have gone through it. I don't wish that on anyone. I'm also very sad to hear about your pets, as I know how hard it is to lose them as well.

the cable boxes and sat boxes should have there own insurance from the place that you rent them from that covers fires / hurricanes / ect.

and they should bill real costs not the price for a new box for one that is 5 years old.

I believe this is correct, and it is probably what Ellen's team ended up doing. I think that this does not happen very often so the regular CSRs (and even Wahooq it seems) do not realize what they should actually be doing here.

This is not your normal non-return fee situation.

One of my close friends had the same situation happen a couple years ago. He had a house fire and put his account on suspension. I told him to specifically talk to DirecTV about the receivers being lost in the fire and they did confirm with him on the phone that he would not be charged for the lost receivers, and he did not have to submit them as a claim to his insurance company. DirecTV said they would take care of the loss internally.

Once he got moved back into his house, and started unpacking he found that one of the receivers had actually not been destroyed. It had been packed up and cleaned by the company that cleaned all of his other posessions. He called DirecTV and told them and they said for him just to throw it away or recycle it as it had been marked in the system as a dead unit or something like that and it would no longer be able to be activated on any system.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

spam firewall