Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Joey linked to wrong Hopper

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nospmahm

nospmahm

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

My Joey 2 is incorrectly linked to Hopper 1. My Joey 1 is correctly linked to Hopper 1.
How do I change Joey 2 to to link to Hopper 2?

Edited by nospmahm, 15 November 2012 - 04:50 PM.
Stupiditity

Really old Don
Hopper, Joey, Sling, EHD 56" Samsung HDTV
Hopper, Joey, EHD 40" Samsung HDTV
Savannah, GA

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,383 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

just stay close to other H and do pairing process again

#3 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 546 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

From the Joey:Menu>Settings>network setup>whole home>highlight and press select on the Hopper you want to link to. This process will take a moment, there is a slight delay of maybe 3-7 seconds at times.

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
DISH Internet Response Team

#4 OFFLINE   nospmahm

nospmahm

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

Matt,
I did what you said yesterday about 5 PM, my son who works the evening shift, used Joey 2 about 1 AM this morning said it worked great.
I used Joey 2 at 11 AM this morning and immediately a screen came up that said Joey 2 was attempting to communicate with Hopper 2 (my mind is a bit hazy and do not remember an error code) after the screen went away I went to Whole Home and it showed Joey 2 was linked. I went to my recordings but it did not show any recordings. I turned Joey 2 TV off. I turned on Hopper 2 TV and checked Whole Home and it showed Joey 2 was linked. I went back to Joey 2 and it showed "Error 024" and nothing worked. About 30 minutes later I tried again, no Error screen, I went back to Whole Home and Joey 2 is linked to Hopper 2. I tried DVR, the My Recording showed all recordings but when I clicked one nothing happened, I tried Guide and View Live TV and nothing happened.
I am under heavy medication and not functioning very well. What are the step by step procedures to fix this problem?
Really old Don
Savannah, GA

#5 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

Matt,
I did what you said yesterday about 5 PM, my son who works the evening shift, used Joey 2 about 1 AM this morning said it worked great.
I used Joey 2 at 11 AM this morning and immediately a screen came up that said Joey 2 was attempting to communicate with Hopper 2 (my mind is a bit hazy and do not remember an error code) after the screen went away I went to Whole Home and it showed Joey 2 was linked. I went to my recordings but it did not show any recordings. I turned Joey 2 TV off. I turned on Hopper 2 TV and checked Whole Home and it showed Joey 2 was linked. I went back to Joey 2 and it showed "Error 024" and nothing worked. About 30 minutes later I tried again, no Error screen, I went back to Whole Home and Joey 2 is linked to Hopper 2. I tried DVR, the My Recording showed all recordings but when I clicked one nothing happened, I tried Guide and View Live TV and nothing happened.
I am under heavy medication and not functioning very well. What are the step by step procedures to fix this problem?

Try resetting the Hopper using the red reset button behind the door on the front. May fix the issue.
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#6 OFFLINE   nospmahm

nospmahm

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

Puck,
I got so mad yesterday that I PM'd a Dish Rep and I have a Technician scheduled for sunday morning.
Thanks
Really old Don
Savannah, GA

#7 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

Puck,
I got so mad yesterday that I PM'd a Dish Rep and I have a Technician scheduled for sunday morning.
Thanks

Try it anyway, it may work and you can use your services a day earlier and just cancel the tech :P

#8 OFFLINE   nospmahm

nospmahm

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

I was afraid to push the red button for fear something horrible would happen!

The Tech (Dish Employee) arrived at 8 AM this morning, he found that the original connectors in the house wiring were not rated for MOCA.There were 2barrel connectors in the cable going to the Joey, as soon as he disconnected the one at the TV he said "here is your problem", he was surprised the installing Tech did not change out the cable. I told him I was not surprised because the installer (Dish Employee) arrived at 12:30 and it was 6:00 when he finished this Joey as he had to run many new coax cables in and around our 2 story house trying to keep them out of sight.

Judging from the competence of the Contract Techs and the Dish Techs in the past 15 years I always specify Dish Employees. They are always resourceful, friendly and willing to go the last mile.
Really old Don
Savannah, GA

#9 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

I always specify Dish employees, not contractors, when I have a service call...which is admittedly few and far between. :P

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#10 OFFLINE   lonerwulf

lonerwulf

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Dish installers are not trained as well as contractors as a contractor if I screw up something or something goes wrong with your system I have to come back and fix for free. So I am highly motivated to get it right the first time. So maybe the next time u should request a contractor so there won't be barrels in your lines or wasting your day with a 6 hour instal

#11 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

Locally, I've had more problems with contractors than Dish techs. YMMV. Or your grammar.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

spam firewall