Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

SuperDish and Receivers (How many Dishes?)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Joe236

Joe236

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 08:37 PM

I have 6 receivers on and wondering if the new Superdish will require two dishes as well for the 2 dishes? If 2 SuperDish's are required will DISH only provide me with 1 or 2? Any helpful information would be appreciated. Thanks for the read.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,515 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 09:00 PM

SuperDish has three outputs, one for each satellite. (119, 110, and EITHER 105 or 121). Those three are run into a DP34 switch which provides four outputs to receivers. A second DP34 can be added to the first DP34 to give you eight receiver outputs (and a third will give you 12!)

You only need one SuperDish. The switches will do the rest (although the SuperDish only comes with one DP34).

JL
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   Joe236

Joe236

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 09:56 PM

Thanks for the good input. I was just wondering since DISH is going to provide me with the SuperDish since I must have it for locals. They said they will provide 2 DP34 switches since I am using Dishmover and moving into an area where the Super is required. I was just hoping my new home wouldn't have 2 big freaking SuperDish's on it.

#4 OFFLINE   Joe236

Joe236

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 04:18 PM

DISH wants me to put the DISH500 in my new location and then install a SuperDish when they get them instock. Its been stated that the Superdish will give me only 1 dish for my 6 receiver. Can it work that way now with the DISH500? When I signed up back 3 years ago I had to have two Dish500 installed for the receivers. Can the DP34 switch work with the DISH500 to get the 6 receivers on one dish like the SuperDish? Thanks a lot for the info.

#5 OFFLINE   jgoggan

jgoggan

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 07:17 PM

Yes, you will be fine if they install a Dish500 DishPro setup now -- and then change that to a SuperDish later. Either is compatible with the DP34 switch (with four outputs) and then a second DP34 will be connected to it to give you up to 8 receivers.

Basically, the DP34 has inputs for three satellites. With the Dish500, they will just connect the wires from 110 and 119 (from the Dish500) into 2 of the 3 ports on the DP34. Then, when they change it to SuperDish, they'll just run one more wire from the dish to the DP34 -- and connect it to that third input. So, in the end, there will be very little changes needed -- just a dish swap and the one extra run.

If they know they are doing the SuperDish soon, they might even run all three cables when they install the Dish500 -- just so it'll just be a dish swap only later.

- John...

#6 OFFLINE   Joe236

Joe236

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 01:40 PM

Talked to DISH and got setup for the DISHMOVERS program. The lady told me to just bring my receivers and remotes and the installer will do everything else. I asked her what equipment the installer provides and she told me that they would bring a Dish, LNB's, and a SW64(said it was a 6-1 switch or somthing like that.) Do I need to call back and ask for more info, because I checked and a SW64 only controls 4 receivers and I have 6 recievers(7 total tuners.) When I called to check on the DISHMOVERS program the CSR told me the installer should supply 2 DP34, but that is not what they told me this time. Confused on wether I should call to check for sure what equpiment they are bringing. Also who should I talk to???Tech Support? Thanks

#7 OFFLINE   jgoggan

jgoggan

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 02:20 PM

I'm not sure who to talk to -- but I would keep pushing that you need two DP34s...

- John...

spam firewall