Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 (Genie) and interaction with iPad

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   D1vad

D1vad

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

Okay so tell me about the interaction of the HR34 and an iPad. Should the iPad be able to view the programs that the HR34 records? Or is play back of the HR34 limited to the HR34?

Seems like I can watch programs while they are being broadcast live, but the recorded programs are only available on the HR34.... :(

Not what I was expecting, at all. :nono:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,879 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

You can't watch recordings on the iPad using the iPad app.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#3 OFFLINE   Diana C

Diana C

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,867 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

This has nothing to do with the receiver, BTW...playback of DVR recordings is simply not a feature of the DirecTV iPad app at this time. The receivers are capable of sending the recordings (they can do so to each other, to a standard HD receiver and to a PC running the Direct2PC app), the iPad just doesn't have the required software yet.

Dish Network Customer from 9/1998-11/2001
DirecTV Customer 10/2001 - 7/2014

FiOS TV/TiVo Customer since 6/2014
Moderator, DBSDish.com 1999-2000
Co-Founder and Administrator, DBSForums.com 2000-2006

Current setup:
DirecTV: HR34-700 (1TB) / HR24-100 (1TB) / HR24-500 (1TB) / HR21-700 (320GB) / HR21-100 (1TB) / 2 H25s / C41-500 / SWiM16 / Nomad / CCK

FiOS: 2 Tivo Roamio Pros (6 TB total) / 5 Tivo Minis attached via MOCA

#4 OFFLINE   D1vad

D1vad

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

It would seem to me that if I want this feature bad enough then adding a Directv Nomad to my mix is the way to go... :( I understand it will work with my HR34?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...