Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: Fargo-Valley City, ND

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,661 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

DMA: Fargo-Valley City, ND
Established: 11/14/12

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,113 posts
  • LocationNorthern plains

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

For crying out loud there must be someone that is enjoying this new addition. How about some comments.
How is the PQ? Do all of the channels have DD 5.1 audio.
Doesn't anyone in the Fargo market watch tv?
Perhaps I Misremembered.

#3 OFFLINE   rmmccann

rmmccann

AllStar

• Registered
  • 153 posts
  • LocationND, USA

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

LOL - we watch plenty of TV, just not a lot of locals. I updated our series recordings a few days ago and it looks like Grimm recorded in HD. I have Family Guy set to record tonight and we also have Antiques Roadshow setup on PBS but I don't know if there's any in the list yet for that.

PQ is good - much better than the crap we had been watching. I'm glad I don't have to watch any more football in SD and I get to see the Super Bowl in HD as well. Haven't had any issues with tiling or any audio dropouts - everything seems to be working well. Can't test DD-5.1 as I don't have any 5.1 audio systems to attach to.
If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, you will live your whole life believing it is stupid.

#4 OFFLINE   redfield99

redfield99

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Although I am not home to specifically verify all channels in DD5.1, PQ is on par with most other HD channels. Local news broadcasts seem very clear and network shows are as expected. This is saying something also as I am fairly picky. (I don't even browse the SD channels on my guide..)

I do have a full 7.1 system and the one little thing I have experienced so far is that in the most recent episode of Revolution, I heard a pretty significant 'leveling' of sounds during action at one point.. meaning instead of it getting louder, everything was actually quieter.

I should be able to report more in the coming week as I record and watch some network shows.

#5 OFFLINE   sprouts

sprouts

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

KVLY is really glitchy this morning during the parade. Very pixelated at times.

#6 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

I would be very interested in knowing which, if any, of the Fargo locals broadcast a DD 5.1 signal. Or if anyone could tell me how I could look up this information on my own. Thanks

Perhaps I Misremembered.

#7 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,892 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

I would be very interested in knowing which, if any, of the Fargo locals broadcast a DD 5.1 signal. Or if anyone could tell me how I could look up this information on my own. Thanks

This site is pretty good for that;

http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php 

Click on the link for market 134 for Fargo.

Then when you click on the links of individual stations within the market, their broadcast signal attributes are displayed, 

• I WANT MORE likes this

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#8 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:14 AM

Thanks HoTat2.

Perhaps I Misremembered.

spam firewall