Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Did my HR34 Go Bad?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   D1vad

D1vad

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Ok, I have checked the error message and it says coax not connected(9) and Internet not connected (13). Then I found a cat 5 cable long enough to reach from my router to the HR34 and plugged it into the back of the unit. I went thru the test setup, repeat setup, restore defaults and rebooted the HR34. Still no connection. It is difficult for my to pull one of the HR24s out to swap with the HR34 due to the way they are installed. I will try in the morning. But does this testing with a direct Ethernet cable connected tell me anything?

Again thanks for everyone's patience!

Assuming that the cable is good, it tells you, your HR34 has failed. :( it also suggest to me that you got a significant spike on your coax cable. Was there a storm or something the night before this happen? I'd look at your surge suppressors.

Did you happen to look at the router after it booted? Did the router show that the cable was connected?

I'm sorry but I think you will need to replace it...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   gator5000e

gator5000e

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 310 posts
  • LocationWinter Park, Florida

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

Thanks for everyone's help. Tech come out to the house yesterday and confirmed the HR34 was bad. Said the signal was reaching the box so the box needed to be replaced. Since he was the service guy, he did not have a replacement HR34 with him but said he would have one delivered out today. I was dubious, but lo and behold, a new HR34 was delivered this morning and installed and set up. after rebooting the CCK, the HR34 picked up the network and now all seems right with the world. Other than losing my recordings and having to wait for the schedule to rebuild, it was a pretty seemless process.

Thanks again for everyone's help and Happy Thanksgiving!!
GO GATORS!!!

spam firewall