Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722/722k Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   parts.man

parts.man

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

I'm totally confused. I'm upgrading my 80-something year old mother to HD and I keep trying to get Dish to commit to a 722K with an OTA module. Said they couldn't order an OTA module until after the work order is closed. Called again today to check before tomorrows install and they're telling me that its a 722. I'm a Directv person so I have a few points that need clarification.

1. Does the 722 have a built in OTA tuner that can record the subchannels in addition to the main HD channel?

2. Can the OTA on the 722 only be viewed on TV1?

3. Can you view/record two different OTA channels with the 722K? (Pretty sure the answer to this is yes, other two questions I don't know about)

I found conflicting information and gave up after searching--running out of time. I really wanted her to switch to Directv and now I'm wishing I had talked her into it, but she's used to her 625 DVR and I didn't think she'd ever learn to use that. Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

The 722 has a built in 1 tuner OTA coax port. This allows you to record 1 OTA channels along with the 2 tuners on the 722 receiver. You can only record 1 channel using the OTA port on the 722 receiver. The OTA on the 722 receiver is only viewable from TV 1.

The MT2 OTA module on the 722k provides 2 tuners, which allows your to record/view 2 local and/or 2 subchannels, along with the 2 tuners on the 722k receiver. The OTA is viewable from TV 1 or TV 2.

Most installations are installing the 722k since this is a newer receiver. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks.

I'm totally confused. I'm upgrading my 80-something year old mother to HD and I keep trying to get Dish to commit to a 722K with an OTA module. Said they couldn't order an OTA module until after the work order is closed. Called again today to check before tomorrows install and they're telling me that its a 722. I'm a Directv person so I have a few points that need clarification.

1. Does the 722 have a built in OTA tuner that can record the subchannels in addition to the main HD channel?

2. Can the OTA on the 722 only be viewed on TV1?

3. Can you view/record two different OTA channels with the 722K? (Pretty sure the answer to this is yes, other two questions I don't know about)

I found conflicting information and gave up after searching--running out of time. I really wanted her to switch to Directv and now I'm wishing I had talked her into it, but she's used to her 625 DVR and I didn't think she'd ever learn to use that. Thanks.

#3 OFFLINE   parts.man

parts.man

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Thanks so much. I tried to get them to specify a 722K but they told me they couldn't order a module until after the work order was closed and continue to tell me its a "722". I think as long as she can get all the OTA on TV1 and record them, that'll be fine. I guess I'll just wait and see what shows up tomorrow.

#4 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

Please let me know if I can assist you further. Thanks.

Thanks so much. I tried to get them to specify a 722K but they told me they couldn't order a module until after the work order was closed and continue to tell me its a "722". I think as long as she can get all the OTA on TV1 and record them, that'll be fine. I guess I'll just wait and see what shows up tomorrow.

#5 OFFLINE   HDlover

HDlover

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

If you want a 722k with two OTA tuners, stick to your guns. You can install the OTA module yourself. Tell them you want it for free. The installer should have one.

#6 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 729 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

Before you call Dish, call a local installation company (maybe someone on this board can recommend one in your area) and see if they can guarantee a 722K. Then, call Dish and give them the name of the company so they will get your job. That worked for me.
Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

Protected By... spam firewall...And...