Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

!! Free Starz/Encore Weekend- 11/22-11/26 !!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RVRambler

RVRambler

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Reminder: Free Preview!

Fire up Those DVRs & external HDDs!! :)

PS: Always good news for us poor$ & DVR enabled!
Rambling 'Round n RV'

VIP-722k
1000.2, Dual DPP rooftop

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 345 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

Thanks for posting. That's the first I had heard of this :)

#3 OFFLINE   Tecmo SB Guy

Tecmo SB Guy

Legend

• Registered
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

Is Dish one of them?

I'm not sure.

It's not listed here:

http://freepreviews....ee-preview.html

Or here:

http://www.mydish.co...s/free-preview/

#4 OFFLINE   dennispap

dennispap

Icon

• Registered
  • 654 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

Doubt it will be on dish.

#5 OFFLINE   Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo

Legend

• Registered
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Yes, Dish will have free previews of Encore Movie Pack (reg. $5/mo) [channels 341-347 and 377] and Starz (reg. $13/mo) [channels 340 and 350-356). Please see page 7: http://www.dishenter...ureArticles.pdf
Dish states November 21-25 in the magazine. Dish sometimes turns the free preview earlier and sometimes ends it later as well.

#6 OFFLINE   Tecmo SB Guy

Tecmo SB Guy

Legend

• Registered
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Good catch there, Mojo. :)

I wish Encore had more channels in HD besides Encore East.

#7 OFFLINE   Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo

Legend

• Registered
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

I wish Dish would add Encore Action HD and Encore Drama HD. I believe the rest are only offered in SD.

#8 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

I submitted a request for Encore Action and Drama in HD to our programming department for you. Thanks.

I wish Dish would add Encore Action HD and Encore Drama HD. I believe the rest are only offered in SD.

#9 OFFLINE   dennispap

dennispap

Icon

• Registered
  • 654 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

Dish finally updated their website, but it still doesnt list it on their free preview channel 103. I wonder how many people wont even know about it?

http://www.mydish.co...s/free-preview/

#10 OFFLINE   Tecmo SB Guy

Tecmo SB Guy

Legend

• Registered
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

I wouldn't even know about it if it wasn't for this message board site.

And they're up already. :)

#11 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 345 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

Interesting---they're all up for me...but if I scroll out even a couple hours to set timers for those channels, they change color in the guide and tell me I'm not subscribed

#12 OFFLINE   mike1977

mike1977

Legend

• Registered
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

I read on the Starz forum they might have come to their senses and have stopped degrading the premium experience. I've got a couple movies set to record. Hopefully there won't be any promo banners at the bottom of the screen nor end movie credit interference so the music can be experienced.

#13 OFFLINE   Tecmo SB Guy

Tecmo SB Guy

Legend

• Registered
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Interesting---they're all up for me...but if I scroll out even a couple hours to set timers for those channels, they change color in the guide and tell me I'm not subscribed

Yeah I noticed that usually happens when the free previews are first turned on.

What I do is turn off both timers on my 722K for 15 minutes and then when you turn one of them back on the T.V. Guide should be updated properly.

#14 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 345 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Normally I can get it to correct by doing a reset...but this morning it didn't help. Later in the day it did though

#15 OFFLINE   DEC

DEC

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

I wouldn't even know about it if it wasn't for this message board site.

I agree. In fact, I wouldn't have even had a clue until I just happened to be scrolling through the channel guide in the same area and saw the newly available channels. Even though I religiously check the free preview channel 103, it wasn't on there, and it wasn't even on the Dish perks site. So, if it wasn't for this board and the subsequent Dish Entertainment Magazine PDF file notice, I could have easily gone right by this without any knowledge of it.

Hey Dish ... why make this free preview so difficult & essentially hidden?? :nono2:

#16 OFFLINE   DEC

DEC

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

Reminder: Free Preview!

Fire up Those DVRs & external HDDs!! :)

PS: Always good news for us poor$ & DVR enabled!

RVRambler,

Just curious, but your thread title indicates that the Starz/Encore free preview goes from Thursday 11/22 through Monday 11/26. However, in the Dish Entertainment Magazine PDF file notice that Mojo Jojo provided, it states that the free preview goes from Wednesday 11/21 through Sunday 11/25. Do you have a more reliable source of information that confirms that the Starz/Encore free preview actually does go through Monday 11/26?

I ask, as I don't like to set up recordings that go beyond the actual end of any free preview period as my 922 DVR typically goes into a hissy fit when it tries to record program material off of a channel that is no longer available.

Thanks,
Don

#17 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,120 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

So do I. All of Encore channels are in HD now.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#18 OFFLINE   DEC

DEC

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

So do I. All of Encore channels are in HD now.

So, is this just a case of what Dish currently offers? I had hoped that with the Starz/Encore free preview that more of the Encore channels would be in HD, but they are still the same SD versions with ENCOR 340 being the only one in HD (which I already get).

#19 OFFLINE   Tecmo SB Guy

Tecmo SB Guy

Legend

• Registered
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

RVRambler,

Just curious, but your thread title indicates that the Starz/Encore free preview goes from Thursday 11/22 through Monday 11/26. However, in the Dish Entertainment Magazine PDF file notice that Mojo Jojo provided, it states that the free preview goes from Wednesday 11/21 through Sunday 11/25. Do you have a more reliable source of information that confirms that the Starz/Encore free preview actually does go through Monday 11/26?

It's through Sunday, not Monday.

The way to check for sure is to go to the SD versions of these channels on your T.V. Guide. It turns green on Monday so it's set up where Sunday is the last day of the free preview.

Edited by Tecmo SB Guy, 23 November 2012 - 02:34 PM.
Added a couple of words

#20 OFFLINE   DEC

DEC

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

RVRambler,

It's through Sunday, not Monday.

The way to check for sure is to go to the SD versions of these channels on your T.V. Guide. It turns green on Monday so it's set up where Sunday is the last day of the free preview.

Thanks for the tip ... I wouldn't have thought to do that.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...