Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Did a Mover's Connection - Question About Free Premiums

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   chevyguy559

chevyguy559

Fresno State Bulldog!

• Registered
  • 712 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

So I moved on 8/24 so I get the premiums free for 3 months, which would take me to 11/23.....will they continue or do I need to call to continue them or at least Showtime. I am going out of the country and want my DVR to record the newest Dexter while I'm gone, so I need to know if I need to call prior to travelling to make sure I don't miss an episode, thanks!

DirecTV Subscriber Since 11/2008
Choice Ultimate - HD Extra - RZC
(2) HR22-100
(1) HR22-100 (Owned)
(1) HR21-100 (Owned)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dondude32

dondude32

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

They will continue. You will have to call to cancel. They want you to keep them.

#3 OFFLINE   harperhometheater

harperhometheater

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

That wasn't true in my case. I got them free for 2 months when I called to cancel dtv and then ended up upgrading to HR34 instead when they offered me a great deal. I called back a couple days before the 2 months were over to cancel them so I wasn't charged and the csr told me it would be automatic and she didn't even see them listed in my account, so there was no way she could shut them off, even if she wanted to!

Well after the 2 months were up a few of the premiums turned off, but to my pleasure most remained, so I thought maybe I was getting a bonus. :) Lo and behold tho, a couple weeks after that they all did indeed automatically shut off. :(
HarperVision, LLC
ISF Calibrations, Installations,
Repairs & Consultations

#4 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

I have had them stop automatically and then have had to call and have them turned off.
I think they have 2 or 3 systems running and it is a toss up of what will happen.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#5 OFFLINE   chevyguy559

chevyguy559

Fresno State Bulldog!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 712 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

Hmm....well in my account online, it shows $45 a month charge for the premiums, and then I get a credit for the $45....I'm assuming the credit will drop off and the premiums will remain....luckily I am in town until 11/24 so if they are still on on the 23rd I should be ok :D

DirecTV Subscriber Since 11/2008
Choice Ultimate - HD Extra - RZC
(2) HR22-100
(1) HR22-100 (Owned)
(1) HR21-100 (Owned)

#6 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 941 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

Hmm....well in my account online, it shows $45 a month charge for the premiums, and then I get a credit for the $45....I'm assuming the credit will drop off and the premiums will remain....luckily I am in town until 11/24 so if they are still on on the 23rd I should be ok :D

This is correct...the $45 credit will stop, the $45 charge will continue.
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...