Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Windows media player or center not on computer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nospmahm

nospmahm

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

Both Windiws media player and center are on 2 of my win 7 32 Bit computers.
I have searched my Win 7 64 bit computer for 3 days and there is not a sign of it anywhere. I must have accidently (Perhaps stupidly) uninstalled it.
I went through Programs and Features/Turn Windows Features on or off/Media Features shows Win Media Center and Player are both checked but no files are on the Computer.
I really need to download Windows Media Center and Player for Win 7 64 Bit

HELP
Really old Don
Hopper, Joey, Sling, EHD 56" Samsung HDTV
Hopper, Joey, EHD 40" Samsung HDTV
Savannah, GA

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 866 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

I have it on my 64 bit Win 7.
Go to computer in the start menu and then in the upper right corner type in media center.
It will start searching the whole computer for media center. I would really be surprised if it doesn't exist on your computer.

On my PC, it isn't listed in the programs available to be deleted from the control panel so I don't think you could have deleted your media center.

If you have the original install CD you could do a repair and perhaps get it back if it is not installed in you win7 system.

BTW, this is probably not the best forum to find/cure problems on Win7.

Brian...reporting from the left coast
 2 Hoppers,1 Joey, 1 VIP211K active receivers
 I still believe in magic
!

#3 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

On my 64 bit Win7 VM, Windows Media Center shows up in the start menu. Properties show the target as: %windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe
Start in is: %windir%\ehome

Does that help?

#4 OFFLINE   mike1977

mike1977

Legend

• Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

sevenforums.com

#5 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Media player should be available on all versions of Windows 7, Media center is not part of the more basic versions that you may get from some retailers systems as the base OS..I believe you would need HOme Premium or higher to get Media Center.

#6 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

Media Player is available with Windows 7 Home, Professional, and Ultimate. Windows 7 N Edition does not include Media Player.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...