Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper Setup Issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   starbucksfreak

starbucksfreak

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

I am trying to set up a new Dish Hopper myself and have not yet got to the activation screen. I am getting a good signal from the Dish but the on screen set up process is getting stuck on Attention Message 833 "Please wait while your network table is updated." I've searched the forum and the web for information re this particular message but have found nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,343 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

that mean NIT is not acquired and/or all three tuners doesn't get NITs from all three (?) sats

#3 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

When mine was installed had similar issues. Instsller had to keep resetting the hopper and we also unhooked the ethernet during initialization.

#4 OFFLINE   starbucksfreak

starbucksfreak

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

Actually after FOUR hours stuck on that screen, the receiver finally moved on to the next step in the wizard set up. Apparently it downloaded the latest software, but why it took 4 hours, I have no idea. I'm now at the final step--activation. Hopefully that will not take as long.

Thanks for the suggestions.

#5 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

It takes a long time to download the software depending on what it came from the factory with. On top of that, give it a good 24-48 hours to settle in before calling and complaining about things (or posting here). It's been our experience that it needs that time to...do things.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

spam firewall