Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

iPhone 5 Support

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   luckydob

luckydob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 451 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Zachery has been posting since November 26th that forum owners should notify all users to first open the iPad app in portrait mode.

As I've posted over there, that's seems impossible to manage, especially since the issue has now existed for more then 2 months.

Shame that I didn't see this thread until tonight, I was happy that the DBSTalk iPad App was not updated. Actually, I thought that maybe the lack of a fix and the poor support was the reason why, until I saw the new version tonight and cried.

Thanks for the info....it does seem to work if opened in portrait mode first.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#42 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,183 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Its terrible on iPad2. The whole bottom of the screen doesn't register touches, which makes it painful to use. Bottom = about 20% of the screen from the home button going up

Kill the app totally, then turn the iPad into portrait, open the app, it should then work in both portrait or landscape.
DirecTV: Genie HR44, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/75)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#43 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,183 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Thanks for the info....it does seem to work if opened in portrait mode first.

Yep, our posts crossed. It should work fine that way, but every time the app closes completely then you need to repeat. There are a few other minor bugs as well, but that's the biggy.

Using it now.
DirecTV: Genie HR44, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/75)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#44 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,536 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

They are using a library not updated since 2011. Seems like they've had a long time to work on that issue.

#45 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Wow Sixto thank you I thought my Ipad 2 was messed up because it didn't respond in landscape mode and I tried the same on SatelliteGuys App also, they should really fix that on a upcoming update so it could work in any mode regardless.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...