Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

BUG REPORT: Bad Aspect Ratios....

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Jerry G

Jerry G

Icon

• Registered
  • 812 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 06:41 PM

This was done using a rather convoluted setup procedure but once done, it stayed that way for about a half hour while I channel surfed HD and SD channels.

I'd rather have the stretch implemented correctly than have to become a magician to achieve a proper stretch. ;)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Ronald K

Ronald K

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 06:50 PM

Don

I'm not sure what the point of your post is. Is it because you like "normal" and do not have burn-in issues therefore the rest of us have nothing to complain about?

Most of us have burn -in issues. Most of us ALSO prefer to watch "normal" when a 4:3 image is shown but if we do to much of it our projectors and plasmas will be RUINED. But our only option is either to risk ruining our TVs or to watch an over stretched image which is basically unwatchable!!

Not much of a choice.

Dish better put it at the top of their priority list.

#23 OFFLINE   ibglowin

ibglowin

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 08:10 PM

Dish better put it at the top of their priority list.

I agree. Since most content is still 4:3 ratio you end up wanting to stretch to fit your 16x9 screen.

We need the "partial zoom" mode just like the 6000 has folks "Hello, McFly.......Anybody home???"

And CAN YOU FIX MY 921 PIP (OR LACK THEREOF) PROBLEM AS WELL?

spam firewall