Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper / Joey on xantec IR network

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dmtalon

Dmtalon

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

I'm about to have Dish installed on Monday. I'm trying to figure out if my setup is going to be an issue.

I will have both the Hopper and Joey in the same location (media closet) with plans to have them controlled via an xantec IR system.

Currently with Directv I have two HDDVR's and I use two different IR codes so the remotes in the Great Room / Bedroom don't control the other DVR.

Is this setup possible with the Hopper. I can't believe I didn't think about that possible dilemma until right now.

So, Ideally I'd like both the Hopper and Joey to be on two separate IR codes, not RF. The media closet is in the basement and I am I'm also on planning to use Harmony remotes, not the included RF ones.

I'm reading through the manual now but I figured someone here would know the answer quickly

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

For IR, the hopper and joeys can only use one code. which is the standard remote address 1 on dish's other receivers.
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#3 OFFLINE   Dmtalon

Dmtalon

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

For IR, the hopper and joeys can only use one code. which is the standard remote address 1 on dish's other receivers.

Hrm... that could prove troublesome. Thanks for the quick reply.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...