Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DTV Whole Home Service

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sunfire9us

sunfire9us

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

My parents were trying to use the tv guide today and somehow without me seeing what was going on, they got on what appeared to be some type of ordering screen on the receiver for Whole Home Service. I didn't see any types of channels where you could be ordering it via the tv guide, do you guys know of where this could have came from? By the time I saw the tv screen, it was asking you to type select to chose a continue option at the bottom right hand side of the screen and then after the receiver kept refusing my commands to exit the screen, I finally hit the continue option then afterwards a screen came up asking my to type a name for the reciever etc. Any ideas what caused this guys? thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,381 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Sounds like they pulled up one of the DirecTV infomercial channels. On my Guide, between channels 228 and 229, I have the Mover's Deal commercial running non-stop (if I select that ad banner from the guide).

#3 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,807 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Sounds like they pulled up one of the DirecTV infomercial channels. On my Guide, between channels 228 and 229, I have the Mover's Deal commercial running non-stop (if I select that ad banner from the guide).

If you select that commercial and then play / FF it,
you can then delete it and it will be gone, at least for awhile.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#4 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,253 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

This usally happens on newly activated receivers or receivers that have gotten a software update. Pressing the LIST button brings the message that says "your receiver is authorized for Whole Home DVR...." This only happens once and can be ignore by releasing the continue button on the screen

Protected By... spam firewall...And...