Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 and HR24s Not Sharing Play Lists

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cmylxgo

cmylxgo

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

Just had an HR34 installed with 2 clients to an existing SWM16 setup. My two legs are balanced and have 8 tunners on both. I also have 4 HR24s and 1 H25. The HR34 cannot see any of the HR24 play lists and the HR34 cannot see any of the HR24 play lists. I called the tech back a few hours after he left and he told me that this feature is not supported until a software update that is coming in Jan of 2013. I've searched this site and can't really find a straight answer. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks
-CMY

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,059 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

Playlist sharing is coming in the near future. I cannot give a date because it would just be a guess.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#3 OFFLINE   cmylxgo

cmylxgo

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

Thanks for the response. Is this going to be a software update on both ends for this to work? Meaning will the HR24s and the HR34s need a software upadate to talk to each other? Is this feature in the current CE builds? Guess I need to check those threads out.

-C

#4 OFFLINE   cmylxgo

cmylxgo

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

Here is something interesting...turned on my HR34 today and I can view the playlists on all of my HR24s.

-C

#5 OFFLINE   sdirv

sdirv

Icon

• Registered
  • 524 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

Here is something interesting...turned on my HR34 today and I can view the playlists on all of my HR24s.

-C

What did you do to accomplish his?? I'd like to try checking to see if my HR24 and HR22 will share playlists.....

Although I don't know that they don't already.....when I hit list on my remote, the programming I see listed is from both DVRs....and in "options" (yellow button), I'm given a choice of filtering by playlist, haven't tried that to see what it does.

I just wish I could manage recordings from one place instead of having to run up and down TWO flights of stairs :lol:

#6 OFFLINE   cmylxgo

cmylxgo

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

Um...any discussion of CE "stuff" is forbidden outside the CE forums...

I am not running CE software.

#7 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,719 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

I am not running CE software.

So there's no need to even mention it here in an open forum, right?
A.K.A VOS

#8 OFFLINE   cmylxgo

cmylxgo

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

What did you do to accomplish his?? I'd like to try checking to see if my HR24 and HR22 will share playlists.....

Although I don't know that they don't already.....when I hit list on my remote, the programming I see listed is from both DVRs....and in "options" (yellow button), I'm given a choice of filtering by playlist, haven't tried that to see what it does.

I just wish I could manage recordings from one place instead of having to run up and down TWO flights of stairs :lol:

I didn't really do anything other than wait. All DVRs are setup with Whole Home DVR and are labled. Here is some additional info that might helps others.

Current Software Versions:
HR34 - 0x5D3
HR24 - 0x5D2
R22 - 0x628

All DVRs can view and watch shows recorded on each other. The first day the HR34 could not view the Play lists on the others...and all others could not view or play shows recorded on the HR34. Now it can...not sure if the HR34 took an update after I first tested the play list sharing or not...but my current setup works now.

-CMYLXGO

#9 OFFLINE   sdirv

sdirv

Icon

• Registered
  • 524 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

So there's no need to even mention it here in an open forum, right?

:lol:

spam firewall