Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Bad Hr34?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mak

mak

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

Today I was watching the news when I lost my picture I got a 45-741 then it went to 771 no signal.Called dtv and they could figure it out. The time and the date on the 34 is 6.14 on 12/31.A tech was out last week when it went out he could not find any thing wrong then it started working but he put a new lnb on in hope that it was going bad . The deca and the swm power all have green lights so they are working.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,883 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

An error code that starts with 45 is usually a guide data error. It usually is because it hasn't received guide data in a certain amount time.

It would help to get some more info. Do you have a 5LNB or a 3LNB dish?

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#3 OFFLINE   Brubear

Brubear

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

should be a #17 (Slimline – 3S (SWM)) by locals market

my comments and opinions are my own and do not suggest endorsement by my employer

#4 OFFLINE   mak

mak

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

It is a 17 (Slimline – 3S (SWM)) by locals market

#5 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,768 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

The HR34 seems to be a bit more susceptible to problems with open ports on splitters or unused coax being connected.
A.K.A VOS

Protected By... spam firewall...And...