Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Update and favorite list problem?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Does anyone know if the Hopper update 230 fixes the favorite list forgetting channels problem? I've about had it with putting channels back everytime I look at the guide.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,719 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

One thing I have read is... even if they fix the favorites list forgetting channels, you still might have to clear that list out... possibly even reset the receiver to defaults... and then start over.

In other words... IF they have fixed the bug, your current list might still be "broken" and you'd need to start over.

I could be wrong, though... but that is what I've seen that seems to have fixed a few people.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

I would be fine with re doing it if it will stay.

#4 OFFLINE   KilgoreTrout1

KilgoreTrout1

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

I would be fine with re doing it if it will stay.

Creating a second favorites list (in addition to the first) fixed that problem for me. I don't know if the channels still disappear from the first list, but not a single one has vanished from my second list since I created it a few weeks ago.

#5 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

I tried that. It worked for a day and then same thing. It seems it wont keep 1 channel (as far as I can tell) Channel 50. I have to add it back every 1/2 hour and I can't add it by itself. I have to add 2 channels then go back and delete the 2nd. If I add just 50, it ignores it.

Edited by saberfly, 25 November 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   KilgoreTrout1

KilgoreTrout1

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

Sounds like the exact problem I was having--down to the having to add 2 channels to make them "stick." Making the second list completely solved the issue for me (so far, at least), sorry it didn't work for you.

#7 OFFLINE   TheGrove

TheGrove

AllStar

• Registered
  • 129 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:47 AM

I tried that. It worked for a day and then same thing. It seems it wont keep 1 channel (as far as I can tell) Channel 50. I have to add it back every 1/2 hour and I can't add it by itself. I have to add 2 channels then go back and delete the 2nd. If I add just 50, it ignores it.

My sister is experiencing this as well. She created list 1 then I told her to use List 2 instead because of the problem but she is telling me that list 2 is dropping channels as well.

I'm assuming that if you do the 2 channel add at once it still drops your channel later, is this correct?
2 Hoppers (2 - 2TB EHD)
1 Joey

#8 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

Mine has dropped channels after the 2 channel add as quick as 10 minutes later. If I add 1 back at a time it will never accept it.

#9 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Just got update 230. Added channel 1 at a time and it still wont remember the action. I'm going to see if it still forgets them and I will do a factory reset and reboot and see if that helps.

#10 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

So far so good with firmware update. It hasn't lost anything yet.

#11 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Ok lost channel 50. Reset to factory settings to hopefully get the bug out. Redid list 1 and backed up remote with new settings. Its holding as of now.

#12 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

In case anyone is following this...after firmware 230, factory reset, and reboot all is fine.

#13 OFFLINE   StringFellow

StringFellow

AllStar

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

Can anyone else confirm that Saberfly's solution works??

I have been trying for 15 minutes to add one #$#$ channel and I can't get it added to my favorites list. I attempt to make 2 or 3 changes at once yet it won't add the channel that originally disappeared.

Dish adds some "What's Hot" feature that is worthless yet they can't confirm and fix a broken feature that many people use. :mad:
Equipment: 2 Hopper, 1 Joey [soon to be 2 Joeys]

#14 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Mine has been fine. You wont lose recordings or timers. Resore to factory settings, reboot, then redo your fav lists. After this backup to your remote. All is fine.

#15 OFFLINE   StringFellow

StringFellow

AllStar

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

Mine has been fine. You wont lose recordings or timers. Resore to factory settings, reboot, then redo your fav lists. After this backup to your remote. All is fine.

I followed your suggestion and so far so good. I guess time will tell!
Equipment: 2 Hopper, 1 Joey [soon to be 2 Joeys]

#16 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Mine too. Finally

#17 OFFLINE   homeron

homeron

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

The update of 230 caused a problem with my external drives I only see 1 of the 2 drives and when I unplug 1 or 2 of them it turns off the hopper even though I have not touch the hopper just unplugging the hard drives resets the hopper I swear I am a hopper beta tester

#18 OFFLINE   RASCAL01

RASCAL01

Godfather

• Registered
  • 297 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

You are not a beta tester because 230 is not the currect software version.
RASCAL01
DISH 622, Hopper, Hopper2, Joey
TOSHIBA REGZA 55 LED/LCD 24O HZ
SONY AV 5.1 SOUROUND SOUND
SONY 3D BLUE RAY PLAYER

#19 OFFLINE   homeron

homeron

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

You are not a beta tester because 230 is not the currect software version.

I realize I'm not a beta tester I was trying to be a smart A stating that the hopper was released way too soon with way too many problems and we have all havr become beta testers

#20 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

Don't speak for me. I had precisely one problem with the 2H/3J setup I have. For the most part, the software has worked virtually flawlessly. Not a single recording has been missed - which is usually the hallmark of bad DVR programming. It works with my network, my EHD works fine... Like I said - *almost* flawless.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...