Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Update and favorite list problem?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   homeron

homeron

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Don't speak for me. I had precisely one problem with the 2H/3J setup I have. For the most part, the software has worked virtually flawlessly. Not a single recording has been missed - which is usually the hallmark of bad DVR programming. It works with my network, my EHD works fine... Like I said - *almost* flawless.

I misspoke when I said we are beta testers what I should have said is thousands of us who have the hopper are having problems such as external hard drives causing problems since this new update are favorites not saving correctly and many other things that the 722 K work perfectly but not the hopper

Edited by homeron, 15 December 2012 - 01:31 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   oldengineer

oldengineer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 455 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

I got the 234 update a few days ago and it MAY have fixed the dropped channels problem. I keep all 4 lists populated, 1 for favs, 1 for movies, 1 for music and a short favs list. 3 of them have < 50 channels and have always been stable. The other one has ~ 160 channels and has always dropped channels - mostly locals, but recently numbers in the low 100s like USA and Comedy. After getting 234 I added 2 (still have to do this) channels and the list has been stable for 3 days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

2H/1J

#23 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

Please let me know if you experience this issue with channels dropping from your favorites list again so I can alert our engineering team. Thanks.

I got the 234 update a few days ago and it MAY have fixed the dropped channels problem. I keep all 4 lists populated, 1 for favs, 1 for movies, 1 for music and a short favs list. 3 of them have < 50 channels and have always been stable. The other one has ~ 160 channels and has always dropped channels - mostly locals, but recently numbers in the low 100s like USA and Comedy. After getting 234 I added 2 (still have to do this) channels and the list has been stable for 3 days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

#24 OFFLINE   fwampler

fwampler

Legend

• Registered
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Does anyone know if the Hopper update 230 fixes the favorite list forgetting channels problem? I've about had it with putting channels back everytime I look at the guide.

I found the Favorites list only allows a certain number of entries (I didn't count them). It allows you to "add and save" the next entry but it won't stick when you go to your list. I just removed a less desirable entry and added one I wanted more and it was fine.

A slight modification to the software needs to be made by Dish programmers to either warn or preferably block excessive entries.
Fred

#25 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,201 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

I just tried to add 2 channels to my "Normal" list - the one that has every subscribed channel that I'm interested in - this morning and neither of them 'took'.

#26 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

I haven't made any changes to my Favorites List for a few software updates. On a past version, it wouldn't allow me to add 1 channel to my list. I asked our engineering department about this issue and was advised to try adding 2 channels, which did work for me.

Which software version does you Hopper have? Please let me know. Thanks.

I just tried to add 2 channels to my "Normal" list - the one that has every subscribed channel that I'm interested in - this morning and neither of them 'took'.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...