Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

hopper and windows 8 media center

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dtvgone

dtvgone

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

1 Hopper
2 Joeys
dish internet connector on one port of wireless router
Windows 8 Pro with Media Center

Has anyone been able to successfully stream music from a Windows 8 PC to the Hopper or a Joey?

The Hopper and Joeys are displayed in the network, options for media streaming are enabled, but can't stream from the Hopper.

Opening Home Media on the Hopper displays my laptop as a DLNA source, and selecting it drills down to music, videos, pictures, etc.

Selecting music gives variety of options such as artist, album, etc.

Drilling down on an album displays individual song titles as thumbnails with a large question mark, but selecting them fails to play the song.

I have a Zune marketplace pass, but the same problem occurs with my own WMAs or MP3s, not just the marketplace songs with DRM. DRM shouldn't block the songs from playing on the network, anyway.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   lonerwulf

lonerwulf

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

You need to be connected to Internet with the hic

#3 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

You need to be connected to Internet with the hic

False...you can have a direct connection, HIC,Wifi adapter or bridging enabled.

#4 OFFLINE   dtvgone

dtvgone

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

Agree HIC not needed, but it is a moot point.

I forgot to note in the original post that a HIC is used to connect the Hopper and 2 Joeys to my home network.

spam firewall