Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

771A Code and new installation problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   COOPDOG373

COOPDOG373

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

Folks
I recently had to set up one of my receiver at a location in my backyard and I am receiving the below error code. Any thoughts to my setup or why we are seeing the error code would be appreciated?

Dish: Direct TV Slimeline
SWiM
LNB5

I have 100 feet of new RCA coax RG6 from the LNB5 directly to the to the receiver (below)

Receiver:
Model: H24-700

I keep getting the 771A code and I am curious if I am missing an additional power supply as I pulled this receiver out of my bedroom to mount in my working ship and the dish came from a friend.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,228 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

If your LNB has one coax connection it is swm.

You stated that you ran the coax from the lnb to the receiver.
SWM systems have to have the 21 volt power inserter in the line or you will get the 771a error.

http://www.amazon.co...0?tag=dradis-20

Edited by jimmie57, 25 November 2012 - 04:24 PM.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   COOPDOG373

COOPDOG373

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

thanks for the help..that was fast

#4 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,228 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

You are welcome.
I sit most of the time with a laptop in my lap and troll a couple of forums for fun and to learn and once in awhile help someone out.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

spam firewall