Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Programming a RC23 remote for Sony DAV-DX375

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dhydrick

dhydrick

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Using one of my "spare" RC23 Directv remotes on my main TV (den). Got my Sharp Aquos programmed with no problem. However, when I tried all codes for the Sony DAV-DX375 surround sound, could get none to work the volume. I did get a couple of codes to turn the thing on-off but not the volume. The old, physically worn-out RC23 did it (still does) just fine but I can't remember how I programmed it a few years ago. It seems like I pointed the RC23 and the Sony remote at each other and then did "something". But I could be wrong. Any suggestions...I've searched the internet to no avail? BTW, while I'm on a roll, the only way I can get sound out is by having the DX375 in VCR mode...is this common?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,220 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Find and program one of the codes that turns the unit off.
Then with the selector in the same AV spot , AV1 or AV2, that you programmed the AV receiver,
Program in 993 and then press the Select button

This will set the volume to the AVR.

For the second part, how do you have the DTV receiver connected to the AVR ?

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   dhydrick

dhydrick

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

on and off. I then programmed in 993 and hit select but no good. I gave up after three tries. I would input 993 with both the unit off and then with it on...still won't control the volume.

I appreciate your help...

#4 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,754 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

There has to be tv code programmed to the tv device or the volume keys won't work.

with tv in, sony 31658 programmed to AV1 or AV2, to get the volume:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT
aka Tivoburkee

#5 OFFLINE   dhydrick

dhydrick

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:39 AM