Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Is manual recording possible with HR24?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dan42353

dan42353

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

Is manual recording possible with HR24?

Everyone seems to ask if they can do a datatransfer and then gives up on getting the shows they want onto their DVR. I care about getting a few things on my new DVR so badly I would gladly put the HR24 in some type of manual recording mode and play something on my dvd-player or PC until it was over and then manually stop the recoding.

Unfortunatly I don't see anyway to record other than going to the guide and picking a timeslot on a channel. I even thought this would work if I could somehow rig something up. Didn't Directv used to allow a different input for local channels? Were those recordable? I could just hookup a device to play what I wanted and click record. It would have the wrong name but I have 3 hours of stuff I want on there so badly I'm willing to waste a lot of time and be ghetto enough to let it have the wrong name.

Thanks in advance!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,082 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

The only way to get content onto a DirecTv DVR is via satellite or ATSC (over the air digital). There are no affordable consumer ATSC modulators, so basically the answer is, you cannot.

There is, however, a manual timer recording option on the HR24.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,459 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

To Record something Manually you Select Menu, then Select Recordings, then tab down and Select Manual Recording.

I assume you have a DVR and Not a Directv Receiver as it is not exactly clear what you are trying to accomplish.
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

spam firewall