Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NatGeo: Hell On The Highway

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,748 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

Heh.... I'm watching Hell On The Highway partially because the locale, I-80 near Donner Pass, is a familiar stretch of highway. I've lost count on how many times I've been up and down this stretch to Reno. I'm expected see how hyped up the danger is on this road. However, it appears to be taking place on some of the side highways as well.
:sleeping:  I am a day sleeper. I follow a European schedule.
Check out my list of links.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Registered
  • 887 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

I have watched two episodes so far and enjoy it, although is is a bit over hyped with drama. I make the drive 15-25 a year so I enjoy the shots and all the well known spots. It is amazing all the commerace (trucks) that goes through Donner Pass everyday. I am glad the story is being told, just wish it also included CalTrans, CHP, and local FD in the stories.

I feel sorry for Running Bear tow who was one of the centerpiece tow companies featured. AAA put them out of business after they consolidated tow contractors. Having used them twice they were always nice and professional. I know there were a few other tow companies in the area that didn't participate in the show.

#3 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,748 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

I only found one news story regarding Running Bear: Fuel dumped on highway during reality TV show results in convictions

#4 OFFLINE   hobie346

hobie346

Icon

• Registered
  • 677 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

I only found one news story regarding Running Bear: Fuel dumped on highway during reality TV show results in convictions

I only started watching the show last week and managed to catch 3 programs so far, it seems that the show's producers are giving Running Bear Towing a good light albeit not a lot of hope of surviving the season. The news articule does shed some light as why RBT is having a whole lot of problems with their trucks (lack of funds; funds that where used to pay off fines). If I was one of RBT's crew I would be looking for a new employer real quick while I was still in one piece. Operatin a tow vechile in the condition that is shown on the program this past Wed (1/2/13) it's amazing the no one has been injured.

#5 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,748 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Did anyone watch last nights episode? Judging from what was presented, this looks like something to present on how NOT to handle employee relations.

spam firewall