Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What does DirecTV charge bars & restaurants?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TMan

TMan

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

I'm just curious. How much do bars and restaurants pay for DirecTV?

For example, say a sports bar wants to have all the Sunday Ticket games running on multiple screens throughout their dining room.

Do they still charge per television? Perhaps per tuned channel, with each potentially mirrored to multiple screens? Is there a factor for the rated guest capacity of the room?

I would imagine the Sunday Ticket on a commercial account in a situation like this would be outrageously more expensive than a home account. Same for the main package.
October 2012 DirecTV subscriber - HR34(Genie)/C31/C31 - AU9-S-SWM Five LNB - Premier

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,833 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

It's based on fire code occupancy, if the televisions are in a public area, as well as per receiver. If the TVs are in a private area it's almost the same as a home account.

And yes, it is quite a bit more expensive for bars and restaurants to have Sunday Ticket, but it's a proven moneymaker.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,839 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

It's based on fire capacity of the room for sports packages... and it's A LOT more expensive.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#4 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,535 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

I'm just curious. How much do bars and restaurants pay for DirecTV?

For example, say a sports bar wants to have all the Sunday Ticket games running on multiple screens throughout their dining room.

Do they still charge per television? Perhaps per tuned channel, with each potentially mirrored to multiple screens? Is there a factor for the rated guest capacity of the room?

I would imagine the Sunday Ticket on a commercial account in a situation like this would be outrageously more expensive than a home account. Same for the main package.

If you're that curious go to their website. On top of their home page you'll see Businesses. Click on that and the business account page will come up with the information you're interested in.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#5 OFFLINE   TMan

TMan

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

If you're that curious go to their website. On top of their home page you'll see Businesses. Click on that and the business account page will come up with the information you're interested in.

Yeah, I looked around in there a bit, but it seems like it's not going to tell you much without getting in touch with an actual sales rep.

As I have no real reason to be inquiring beyond curiosity, it's not something I would pursue.
October 2012 DirecTV subscriber - HR34(Genie)/C31/C31 - AU9-S-SWM Five LNB - Premier

#6 ONLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,081 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

http://www.directv.c...ontent/business

Go to the above and click on what type of business then choose "more info".... then select TV Packages from the available tabs.

It will let you then select a package and show the price based on fire code occupancy.

#7 OFFLINE   TMan

TMan

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Ah, that shows more info. Thanks.

#8 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 967 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

I wonder if any bars or restaurants carry nba league pass?

#9 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,839 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

I wonder if any bars or restaurants carry nba league pass?

Yeah they do.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#10 OFFLINE   TMan

TMan

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

Bar/restaurant with fire code capacity of 2,001-5,000 people: $57,375 for the Sunday Ticket. :D

#11 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

Bar/restaurant with fire code capacity of 2,001-5,000 people: $57,375 for the Sunday Ticket. :D

the sports book can cover that easy.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#12 OFFLINE   Justin23

Justin23

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

It's based on fire code occupancy, if the televisions are in a public area, as well as per receiver. If the TVs are in a private area it's almost the same as a home account.

And yes, it is quite a bit more expensive for bars and restaurants to have Sunday Ticket, but it's a proven moneymaker.

No matter where the TV's are located in a Bar & Restaurant, it has to be B&R pricing...even if the TV's will be just in the back.

There are monthly receiver fees for Bar & Restaurant customers, but it isn't for every package and it starts with the 3rd receiver.

Another huge advantage D* has for B&R customers is the free MVP Marketing Program that helps those customers market & promote their establishments.

#13 OFFLINE   Justin23

Justin23

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

It's based on fire capacity of the room for sports packages... and it's A LOT more expensive.

A few sports packages are EVO-based (Estimated Viewing Occupancy)...

#14 OFFLINE   Joe Spears

Joe Spears

Duplicate User (Account Closed)

• Banned User
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Did commercial accounts get the HD GUI? Because I was in BWW recently and noticed when they opened the EPG it was the old blue SD GUI...

#15 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,089 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

Did commercial accounts get the HD GUI? Because I was in BWW recently and noticed when they opened the EPG it was the old blue SD GUI...

Sure they didnt just have SD receivers hooked up to their HD screens?

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#16 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,833 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

No matter where the TV's are located in a Bar & Restaurant, it has to be B&R pricing...even if the TV's will be just in the back.

There are monthly receiver fees for Bar & Restaurant customers, but it isn't for every package and it starts with the 3rd receiver.

Another huge advantage D* has for B&R customers is the free MVP Marketing Program that helps those customers market & promote their establishments.

You're correct; I can easily see where my post was misunderstood. Thank you for correcting it. What I meant to say was, if you are in a business where the TVs are in a public area, it is based on fire code occupancy. If your business does not have such a public area (for example in an office setting) the price is quite similar to residential pricing.

I hope that clears things up.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#17 OFFLINE   Joe Spears

Joe Spears

Duplicate User (Account Closed)

• Banned User
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Sure they didnt just have SD receivers hooked up to their HD screens?

100% positive (had the HD tags beside programming in the EPG also), they actually use a matrix switch as well. Could it be they had old HD receivers maybe H20 model which I thought might not have been updated to the HD GUI but not sure?

#18 ONLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,462 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

True, the H20 did not get the GUI. I've seen places with receivers racked, so figured those would be the 21-pro but obviously not everyone does it that way.

#19 OFFLINE   Rickt1962

Rickt1962

Legend

• Registered
  • 296 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

the sports book can cover that easy.

Yea DTV is crazy with the pricing of Clubs our Club here in PA and they want over $ 57,000.00 Dollars a year to watch Foot ball ! :mad: So we can stop in have a beer and watch a game ! Alot of our members dropped them :hurah: Greedy ! for games that are televised for free over the air ! :nono2: Geesh our membership is $ 50 bucks a year !

King Cable Cutter ! XBMC , PLEX , Raspberry Pi   Love my New Boxes :)

Avatars are to protect the Ugly people from scaring others !
Come from the land of Pennsylvania where Cable TV was invented ! Had HBO back in the 70's and total cable bill was $ 12.00 and all TV's got Cable with no extra fee ! Been using satellite since the C-Band Days and Dave and Charlie

#20 OFFLINE   Justin23

Justin23

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

Yea DTV is crazy with the pricing of Clubs our Club here in PA and they want over $ 57,000.00 Dollars a year to watch Foot ball ! :mad: So we can stop in have a beer and watch a game ! Alot of our members dropped them :hurah: Greedy ! for games that are televised for free over the air ! :nono2: Geesh our membership is $ 50 bucks a year !

How big is your club?

spam firewall